Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Metals Careers
Summary of Position
The Operations Manager is responsible for the operational performance of the Corrosion Materials’ Production Department at the Houston, Texas location. In doing so, the manager should promote optimal customer satisfaction, while managing the department resources to ensure effective, economical use of personnel and equipment within the company. (CM)
Responsibilities and Duties
At a minimum, the following is a basic description of typical duties and responsibilities expected of the Operations Manager - Houston. These duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change as the needs of the organization require.
- Coordinate and supervise production in accordance with established policies, principles, and procedures.
- Manage all operations of the Houston, Tx warehouse to include employees.
- Facilitate daily morning production meetings.
- Conduct monthly safety, quality, and production meetings.
- Develop and execute plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- Assist in development and execution of preventive and predictive maintenance programs to ensure minimal equipment downtime.
- Maintain and enforce all safety, production, and quality policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintenance of all ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
- Track, monitor, and manage department costs including working hours of machines and employees.
- Actively motivate employee development and training.
- Lead, coach, and train warehouse personnel in continuous improvement initiatives to meet and exceed CMI metrics.
- Establish strong communication between all departments within the organization.
- Actively participate in the leadership team with Operations Manager- Baker, La and Sales Manager-Houston, Tx.
- Develop short and long term equipment needs analysis.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor lead time schedules that offer better than industry performance.
- Improve material utilization and reduce scrap rates.
- Lead the manufacturing process to ensure that quality, safety and best practices are shared within the entire facility.
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated
- Operate with high integrity and ensure same standards from subordinates
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate, train, and develop employees
- Ability to create a culture of continuous improvement with forward thinking
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to analyze, track, and maintain accountabilities
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Microsoft Office proficiency, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Five years minimum experience in operations management
- Three years of supervisory experience