Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corrosion Materials - Houston, TX - Production Control Coordinator
at Metals Careers
Summary of Position
The Production Control Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the activities of the warehouse related to expediting the flow of materials and parts through the warehouse, according to production and shipping schedules, and conferring with the Operations Manager to determine material requirements and identify overdue and out-of-stock material. The Production Control Coordinator will analyze and resolve work problems and assist the Operations Manager in solving production conflicts and implementing new methods or processes for Corrosion Materials.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a minimum, the following is a basic description of typical duties and responsibilities expected of the Production Control Coordinator. These duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change as the needs of the organization require.
- Analyze backlog list to ensure on-time shipments.
- Reconcile receipts to open orders.
- Determine amount of material required to complete job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes.
- Allocate material to be used and processed on sales orders.
- Expedite requests from Sales team and customers.
- Prepare priorities for processing area.
- Create internal Material Test Reports for material processed.
- Set up and maintain an order tracking system for multiple item orders.
- Work with Sales and Operations personnel to ensure on-time delivery.
- Coordinate interplant transfers between CMI locations necessary to meet order requirements.
- Inform Sales personnel of situations that may affect order ship dates.
- Make changes to orders in system and on written documentation.
- Prepare orders for shipment on or before the specified ship date.
- Assist in the warehouse as needs arise.
- Assist Operations Manager in completing various tasks.
- Adhere to all CMI’s safety rules, regulations, and quality standards.
- Adhere to all CMI’s handbook policies and procedures.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving skills, and time management skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work independently on assigned task
- Ability to analyze, track, and maintain accountabilities
- Operate with high integrity, maintaining positive relations with co-workers, customers, and suppliers
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated
- Five years warehouse experience
- Two or more years of management or supervisory experience