Mercedes-Benz of Sugar Land
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Automotive Shop Janitor
at Mercedes-Benz of Sugar Land
- MB Service
- Sugar Land, TX, USA
- $12.00 - $13.00
- Full Time
Automotive Shop Janitor
Mercedes-Benz of Sugar Land is looking for an energetic and self-motivated Shop Janitor to maintain our State of the Art Automotive Shop.
As a Shop Janitor, you will be responsible for maintaining cleanliness both inside and outside of the facility, ensuring supplies are stocked and equipment is operating properly. You will have daily communication with management and technicians so the ability to communicate effectively and in a friendly manner is imperative. Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Keeping immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Safely and correctly operating all equipment.
- Using all chemicals properly in the correct quantities for safety and cost control.
- Adhering to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Controlling costs by not overstocking or disposing of unused materials.
- Cleaning and maintaining Service Shop and surrounding areas, floors, walls and drains.
- Responsible for maintenance storage areas, cleanliness and stocking.
- Cleaning and maintaining all fans, daily use equipment, ceiling fans, air intakes, HVAC air vents, compressor room, storage room and fixtures.
- Cleaning and maintaining floors and walls, tile in shop area.
- Cleaning and inspecting all door hardware.
- Insuring all floor mats in place.
- Emptying trash and cleaning and maintaining trash cans.
- Cleaning and maintains sinks, water fountains, wash safety areas.
- Cleaning and maintaining all Oil Drains and Catch cans
- Inspecting Shop equipment for operating condition
- Removing all Hard Parts from shop area daily
- Punctually mopping and or removing any spilled fluids and dispose of following safety guide lines.
- Perform additional duties from supervisor instructions as needed to provide support of Technicians.
- Assisting other Team Members as needed or when business needs dictate.
We are seeking someone with the following skills and experience:
- Must be able to work days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
- Previous maintenance experience at a modern Automotive Service Facility is preferred, but not required.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate with other Team Members.
- Must be disciplined and self-motivated.
- Follows dress code guidelines, looking neat, clean and professional at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the Team Member will regularly be required to:
- Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
- Read and write handwritten notes.
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Walk or stand 100% of shift.
- Reach, bend, stoop, mop, sweep and wipe frequently.