Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SQL Developer II
- Job ID
- Information Technology
About The Company
At MedData, we take great pride in our company, in each other, and in our 30+ year history of accomplishments and success. This pride is reflected in our everyday approach to working together. Each team member understands the importance of being part of a company that values their individual contributions and strives to help them achieve their personal goals as they work together to achieve the broader corporate goals. We believe that every team member contributes directly to MedData’s growth and success, and we are constantly searching for new talented, passionate and enthusiastic people who will take pride in being an integral part of our culture.
MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a SQL Developer II to work in our office in The Woodlands, TX. The schedule for this full time role is Monday -Friday 8am - 5pm.
This position is located at our regional office in The Woodlands, Texas. This is not a telecommute position. Works hours are flexible starting as early as 7am and as late as 9am to accommodate travel to the office. We do not provide a relocation package.
The purpose of this position is to perform SQL Development functions including: design new or enhance existing enterprise database systems, maintain or develop critical databases processes, perform unit and system testing, perform support and help desk tasks. The position is responsible for creating SSRS reports by collaborating with management team. This position is also responsible for ETL functions between a multitude of relational databases and external data files.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Program in T-SQL with relational databases including currently supported versions of Microsoft SQL Server
- Write SQL queries using Joins, Cross Apply, Aggregate Queries, Merge, Pivot
- Develop and maintain Stored Procedures, Functions and Views
- Design normalized database tables with proper indexing and constraints
- Perform SQL query tuning and performance optimization on complex inefficient queries
- Use table variable, temporary table, CTE appropriately to deal with large datasets
- Analyze queries for any deadlock resulting due to conflicts
- Collaborate with DBA on database design and performance enhancements
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle in a team environment
- Debug existing code and troubleshoot for issues
- Develop and maintain database processes such as MPower tactics, MPower activity code restrictions and business rules, Agent Jobs, letter and automated call logic
- Translate business requirements into report designs by collaborating with management
- Develop Microsoft SSRS reports using latest version of Visual Studio and TFS
- Create reports in tabular, matrix, chart, and free-form report layouts
- Use interactive reporting features by providing links to sub-reports and drill-through reports
- Automate report distribution through standard and data-driven subscriptions
- Maintain existing data warehouse for reporting and data analytics
- Design, develop, test and document ETL processes
- Develop data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Develop or maintain SSIS Packages
- Keep up-to-date with the latest database features, techniques, and technologies
- Support current business applications including the implementation of bug fixes as needed
- Able to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities
- Able to meet deadlines set in project planning
- Communicate progress through the project execution phase
- Follow industry and company standard coding practices
- Produce technical and application documentation
- Test database process feature enhancements and bug fixes
- Produce quality deliverables upon deployment
- Perform application support using third party Help Desk systems such as Kayako
- Assist support analysts with issues they are unable to resolve
- Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting customer needs in a courteous and timely manner
- Minimum 5 years of work related experience in T-SQL, SSRS and ETL. If candidate has relevant education in computer science, computer information systems, or related field, lack of experience can be supplemented by education as follows:
- Microsoft Certifications – 1 year
- Associate’s Degree – 1 year
- Bachelor’s Degree – 2 years
- Master’s Degree – 3 years
- Experience in developing, maintaining and supporting database processes using Microsoft SQL Server with emphasis on .NET technologies.
- Proficient with one or more of the following; T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Data warehousing, ETL
- Demonstrated ability to perform above listed essential job functions.
MedData believes in making a positive impact not only within our industry but also with our employees –the organization’s greatest asset. We take pride in offering comprehensive benefits in a vast array of plans that contribute to the present and future well-being of our employees and their families.
Just some of the benefits we offer:
- HSA, FSA
- Paid Time Off
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an equal opportunity employer. IND123