Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Developer I
- Job ID
- Information Technology
About The Company
At MedData, we take great pride in our company, in each other, and in our 30+ year history of accomplishments and success. This pride is reflected in our everyday approach to working together. Each team member understands the importance of being part of a company that values their individual contributions and strives to help them achieve their personal goals as they work together to achieve the broader corporate goals. We believe that every team member contributes directly to MedData’s growth and success, and we are constantly searching for new talented, passionate and enthusiastic people who will take pride in being an integral part of our culture.
MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Software Developer I to work onsite at our Grand Rapids office. The schedule for this FT role is Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
The purpose of this position is to perform Software Development functions including: develop new software applications, maintain critical business applications, enhance existing systems, perform unit and system testing, perform support and help desk tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop code in .Net Languages such as C#/VB.NET
- Work with Windows Forms Programming, Web Programming, WCF, Windows Services
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle in a team environment
- Create new WinForm projects
- Program using third-party Visual Studio components such as DevExpress
- Debug existing code and troubleshoot for issues
- Consume existing WCF services
- Develop code using object-oriented design
- Develop applications with currently supported versions of Visual Studio, TFS
- Access and query database using ADO.NET, LINQ
- Work with relational databases including currently supported versions of Microsoft SQL Server
- Write SQL queries using Joins, Group By, Order By, Temporary Tables, Variables
- Develop and maintain Stored Procedures, Functions and Views
- Design SQL tables with guidance from database administrator
- Keep up-to-date with the latest client-side frameworks, techniques, and technologies
- Support current business applications including the implementation of bug fixes as needed
- Communicate progress through the project execution phase
- Produce technical and application documentation
- Test application feature enhancements and bug fixes
- Produce quality deliverables upon deployment
- Perform application support using third party Help Desk systems such as Kayako
- Assist support analysts with issues they are unable to resolve
- Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting customer needs in a courteous and timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 2 years of work related experience in C#, VB.NET and T-SQL. If candidate has relevant education in computer science, computer information systems, or related field, lack of experience can be supplemented by education as follows:
- Microsoft Certifications – 1 year
- Associate’s Degree – 1 year
- Bachelor’s Degree – 2 years
- Experience in developing, maintaining and supporting applications using Microsoft .NET technologies with emphasis on SQL Server development
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer