Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SQL Developer DBA
- Job ID
- Information Technology
About The Company
At MedData, we take great pride in our company, in each other, and in our 30+ year history of accomplishments and success. This pride is reflected in our everyday approach to working together. Each team member understands the importance of being part of a company that values their individual contributions and strives to help them achieve their personal goals as they work together to achieve the broader corporate goals. We believe that every team member contributes directly to MedData’s growth and success, and we are constantly searching for new talented, passionate and enthusiastic people who will take pride in being an integral part of our culture.
The purpose of this position is to perform SQL Server Administration including: install/configure new SQL servers, deploy database change scripts provided by developers, perform all SQL server related IT tickets. The position is also responsible for SSRS,SSIS related administrative support and assist in troubleshooting errors, permission problems and change control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Database administration for MSSQL Server
- Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Index creation, management, statistics
- Automation, scripting, agent jobs
- Availability Groups, Backups, and Restores
- Propose technical solutions to business problems on a proactive basis
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 – 2016
- Ability to manage all DB maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of query, index and DB I/O performance tuning, and Stored Procedures and SQL coding is required.
- Prior experience using Microsoft SQL Server DMV’s for troubleshooting performance issues.
- High Availability, Disaster Recovery: - Always On Availability /SQL Server failover Cluster/SQL Server replication.
- Windows Server, Active Directory, VMWare, SAN Administration.
- 5+ years’ experience.
- Able to demonstrate impact beyond their own task assignments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and Employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer IND123