McKim & Creed
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Design-Build Project Manager (Industrial and Oil & Gas Water/Wastewater)
at McKim & Creed
McKim & Creed is a unique, employee-owned firm. First and foremost, we value people. This means we not only hire great talent, we’ve also created an environment where each individual can grow, flourish and apply innovative thinking. As a result, we’ve created a world-class team of professionals within a nimble organization. That’s what our clients want. That’s why we succeed. Our clients hire us because of our people.
McKim & Creed has a reputation for state-of-the-art design of facilities that treat, preserve and conserve the earth’s finite water resources and optimize existing infrastructure and resources. Our highly respected teams of engineers and surveyors are committed to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future while helping communities leverage their infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Water team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we’re glad you found McKim & Creed.
- Individually contributes, formulates and guides solutions to problems of exceptional difficulty and marked importance to the company.
- Generally recognized as an expert in the field.
- Provides technical, design and project management services in support of industrial and oil & gas water/wastewater related projects.
- Capable of conducting critical negotiations and handling controversial issues.
- Exercises skill in persuading and negotiating critical issues.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling and solving complex technical and people assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of standard practices within appropriate discipline including design and construction.
- Individually able to carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development and implementation of new or improved techniques or procedures.
- Supports business development efforts, leads the preparation of proposals, serve as lead presenter in presentations to secure new project work.
- Experienced in developing scope of work, time and manpower estimates. Responsible for developing a substantial amount of new business.
- Develops and maintains existing client relationships.
- Serves as key contact with major clients.
- Able to successfully lead and supervise a project team on projects of all sizes and levels of complexity.
- Ensures that all aspects of the project are followed through to completion which includes clients meetings, project team communication, monitoring budget and progress and A/R collections.
- Active in professional organizations, professional development and mentoring of staff.
- Maintains a network of relationships within the field.
- 10 plus years of proven experience in project and client management with private sector clients managing industrial and oil & gas water supply, treatment, storage and distribution and wastewater collection conveyance and treatment.
- BS in Civil, Environmental, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering
- Texas PE registration or the ability to acquire a Texas PE via reciprocity preferred but not required
- Specific experience in shale gas water management and relationships within the Texas oil and gas market preferred.
- Gregarious self-starter able to understand big picture needs of the project.
- Needs good business sense and high levels of persuasiveness and social skills when dealing with clients, and the leadership and business development skills to expand our market share of the industrial and oil & gas water/wastewater sector.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
McKim & Creed is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.