Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at McGrath RentCorp
TX - Deer Park
Adler Tank Rentals
Adler Tank Rentals - Inventory Center and Warehouse
# of Openings:
Founded in 1979, McGrath RentCorp is a diversified business to business rental company that rents and sells relocatable modular buildings, storage containers, electronic test equipment, and liquid and solid containment tanks and boxes. We operate through five divisions: Mobile Modular, Mobile Modular Portable Storage, TRS-RenTelco, Adler Tanks, and Enviroplex.
Adler Tank Rental, a division of McGrath RentCorp, is a national leader in the rental of temporary liquid and solid containment tanks and boxes. Our products serve a wide variety of industries including environmental remediation, oil and gas exploration, construction, industrial plant and refinery operations.
Manage and direct activities of the shop personnel, yard personnel, and drivers when they perform yard functions. Ensure the maintenance and safety of the fleet and communicate with the dispatch, operations and sales staff to ensure customer satisfaction. Coach and develop your direct reports to achieve optimum performance from each team member.
- This role is responsible for managing the performance of five Asset Technicians and two Mechanics. This includes monitoring daily activities to achieve operational expectations, performing monthly 1:1 coaching sessions with each team member meant to outline and implement long-term development opportunities, and annual reviews to evaluate overall job performance.
- This individual must operate with a Safety First attitude and engrain cultural standards around Continuous Improvement to ensure that we are always seeking to perform tasks safer and more efficiently.
- Conduct safety meetings for yard and shop staff and maintain compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Maintain and manage the rental fleet inventory; keeping an accurate count of the equipment on hand and communicating to operations and sales staff.
- Ensure that incoming equipment is cleaned and ready to go back on rent and mark either green or red tag. If red tagged, be sure to communicate maintenance or cleaning requirements to shop or dispatch.
- Maintain and manage a rolling fleet of Tractors, Trailers, Bobtails, Winch Trucks, Service Trucks, and Forklifts. Ensure the team executes preventative maintenance measures, and completes necessary repairs promptly and with financial responsibility.
- Ensure that the yard is maintained and schedule repairs to fencing, buildings or surfaces.
- Provide coaching and counseling to yard and shop staff on internal customer service, communication and appearance.
- Maintain the inventory of shop and yard supplies; negotiate contracts or pricing where appropriate.
- Maintain an accurate record of damages, including picture and communicate to operations and sales staff for billing.
- Track daily green-tagged tanks and boxes and communicate in a timely manner to dispatch, operations and sales.
- Proven leadership skills necessary to drive performance.
- Team player who works well with others.
- Basic computer skills necessary to communicate via email, populate simple spreadsheets, and effectively operate smart phones.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment; multitasking.
- Required to lift 50-75 pounds or more
- Utilize torque wrench and other oversized tools to adjust bolts and manifolds on tanks and boxes
- Required to walk the yard, up to 50 yards or more at a time
- Inspect equipment for damage or repairs – making notes on documents
- Alternate sitting, standing, walking, bending and stooping
- Ability to bend and lift and/or lift overhead
- Ability to drive a forklift or company pick up
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.