Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Franchised Group Sales Manager
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 19001CYM
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Houston Downtown, 806 Main Street, Houston, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
ONLY SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IF YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF TO BE AN OUTSTANDING SALES PROFESSIONAL AND HAVE A STRONG AND PROVEN SALES BACKGROUND.
- You have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely customer oriented, highly motivated.
- You develop deep and meaningful rapport with your clients, and communicate with piercing persuasiveness.
- You have the entrepreneurial drive and unwavering determination to expand this hotel's market share.
- You believe you can be the best at almost everything you do and can prove it.
- Pearl Hospitality fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to building an empire. We have an exciting opportunity with our multi-award-winning hotel company.
- A Pearl Group Sales Manager reports to the Director of Sales and is responsible for creating leaders and fostering the Pearl culture within the sales, event management and revenue management departments for Pearl Hospitality. A Pearl Group Sales Manager must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
- The Group Sales Manager is responsible for the development of the group market segment and solicitation of new group clients and accounts while maintaining existing relationships. The Group Sales Manager must consistently strive to maximize revenue and promote relationships through effective negotiation of guest rooms, meeting space and food and beverage. All hotel operations must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. The Group Sales Manager must ensure maximization of profitability yielding the highest RevPar possible. The Group Sales Manager must ensure that our associates, co-workers and our customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
Responsibilities (not limited to)Foster the Pearl culture
- Foster the Pearl culture
- Passion and commitment to the business at an ownership level
- Oversee clients to inspire the guest™s loyalty
- Participate in community and industry organizations representing the hotel
- Manage guest relations
- Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as Pearl standards and procedures
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Increase hotel revenue by conducting specified weekly sales calls and ensure goal compliance
- Must fully document each sales call
- Fully network and saturate new hotel contacts as well as existing clients
- Sell function space to maximize revenue potential
- Achieve monthly room night goals
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Participate in Pearl required daily and weekly meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Always deliver your highest performance
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Must assist in creation of annual Marketing Plan and ensure compliance of implementation
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Ensure understanding and compliance of all emergency procedures
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Capitalize on utilizing brand promotions, marketing, sales programs and resources
- Utilize cross-selling, joint marketing initiatives and other brand synergies
- Ensure compliance of strategies for rate, date and space commitments for group room sales
- Develop and maintain strategic and tactical plans to maintain current base and increase hotel™s share
- Direct efforts to improve market penetration
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates
This company is an equal opportunity employer.