Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Franchised Banquet Captain
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 190015K2
Job Category Event Management
Location Magnolia Hotel Houston, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, 1100 Texas Avenue, Houston, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Tribute Portfolio
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at - firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Magnolia Hotel Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Rated One of the top 100 New Hotels in the World by Cond Nast Traveler Magazine, Magnolia Houston, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, was originally the home of the Houston Post Dispatch newspaper and later the corporate office for Shell Oil Company. After extensive renovations, this 1926 historic landmark is now one of Houstons most distinct properties. Located in the heart of downtown Houston, discover a destination dedicated to pure hospitality at www.magnoliahotels.com/houston.
- The Magnolia Houston offers over 16,000 square feet of meeting space including two ballrooms, and breakout rooms over three floors. The Magnolia Houston hosts weddings, social galas, and a variety of corporate and business special events.
- The Banquet Captain directs the Banquet staff during special event functions in the Hotel and may be directing multiply events at the same time. The Captain ensures staff briefings are held prior to events taking place, works closely with the Kitchen during events, directs service traffic, interacts with the event Host, and ensures a flawless special event for the guests.
- Manage the BEO components. Assign banquet staff to the various duties of the special event function direct employee service traffic during the serving periods. Do a quality inspection of the room prior to the event start to ensure all components are to the BEO specifications. Introduce yourself to the group leader so that she/he knows who their Hotel contact is during the function. Manage liquor and wine packages sold to the event.
The Magnolia Houston offers the following great benefits to full time employees:
- $50 METRO card per month
- Medical, Dental Vision benefits after 30 days of employment
- Complimentary shift meal
- Shoes for Crews
- Generous PTO plan and paid holidays
- Charitable Donation Match
- Marriott Explore employee discount program
- Education Assistance Program
- Kitz for Kidz School Supplies program
Previous Captain or banquet serving experience in a high-end, multi-function banquet operation. Ability to professionally and courteously interact with guests. Ability to multi-task with banquet assignments. Able to understand and manage a BEO. Physically able to perform the functions of the job. Basic knowledge of food sanitation; temperatures, holding, handling, and storage. Basic knowledge of wine service and able to become TIPS certified. Willing to serve alcoholic beverages.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.