Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Renovation & Make Ready Coordinator
The Renovation & Make Ready Coordinator reports to the Property Manager in coordination with and direction from the Service Manager to schedule and oversee make ready operations and ensure the success of the redevelopment program for a large (~1,000 unit) multifamily property. The role will coordinate each step of the redevelopment process and approve work related to each renovated apartment unit. Expectations include communicating clearly and openly with the on-site property manager on products, vendors, and services related to the redevelopment program. Additional responsibilities include generating and approving purchase orders in Payscan related to the redevelopment needs as well as communicating, monitoring and approving the work of vendors. The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include:
- Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
- Communicating openly and with integrity
- Embracing opportunities
- Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with scheduling work to be performed by contractors and on-site personnel in vacant make ready and occupied units.
- Schedules and updates master make ready in Yardi on a daily basis.
- Maintains open and clear communication lines with the property and service management, leasing staff, residents and vendors regarding move-ins, occupied units and make ready units.
- Follows-up on all items related to make ready operations.
- Performs move-out inspections to determine damages and charges.
- Performs quality control by inspecting make ready units.
- Meets weekly with the service manager to communicate any budget and property related items.
- Operates personal motor vehicle to travel across the property for work assignments and inspections and also obtain and transport materials, tools and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- High school diploma/GED and two to three years of experience in facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required
- Valid driver’s license from state of residence required
- Make ready and/or project coordination experience preferred
- Yardi experience is preferred
- HVAC experience and EPA Type II or Universal and/or Pool Certification preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and skills to manage projects, organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Customer service orientation and skills to assess needs, address and resolve issues and concerns, and meet or exceed expectations
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changes in priorities and conditions
- Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing to convey instructions and share updates and reports
- Attention to detail with which to inspect work and materials for quality performance to standards
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to operate independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Time management skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
Physical and Environmental Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: