Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Landscape Director (810063)
This position is located in Dallas, TX and will support the MAA properties in this market.
The Regional Landscape Director reports to the Director of Renovations and Landscape and support the landscape operations of all properties in an assigned division. This includes the execution of landscape capital projects, expense management, advising and assisting property leadership with landscape issues, and overseeing landscape vendors to ensure that the most ideal products and services are rendered to be the best value for the company. The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include:
- Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
- Communicating openly and with integrity
- Embracing opportunities
- Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works to ensure curb appeal excellence through vendor accountability to MAA’s specifications, policies and practices relating to landscape maintenance and capital installations
- Supports property managers and regional and divisional leadership with landscape issues.
- Troubleshoots issues affecting the quality of property curb appeal including disease and pest management, invasive and undesirable plant species, turf management and general plant decline. Works with vendors and property management on preventive planning for above issues.
- Plans, budgets, coordinate, and oversee the design and installation of all landscape related capital projects.
- Plans, budgets, coordinates, and oversees the execution of landscape maintenance expenses..
- Utilizes technology to communicate frequently with property and regional/ divisional management on landscaping goals, plans and results and how they affect the assets.
- Develops, communicates and executes long-term goals to preserve the asset as well as improve curb appeal for greater performance.
- Responsible for the ongoing modification and improvement of landscaping contract specifications, and property landscape and irrigation auditing procedures and systems.
- Works with vendors to create a strong discipline of expectations and communication.
- Promotes irrigation conservation through the installation and management of irrigation systems and system technology and knowledge of appropriate plant palettes for assigned division
- Educates Property Managers and executive leadership on the necessity of curb appeal and how to obtain first-class landscaping.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- High school diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of professional experience in landscape construction and/ or landscape design.
- Knowledge of southeast /southwest vegetation, correct horticultural practices in maintenance and irrigation.
- Landscape conservation experience related to smart irrigation and native plant design schemes. An equivalent combination or experience and education may be considered.
- Previous landscape management experience coordinating simultaneous projects and territories.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Horticulture, Landscape Architecture or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and within stringent timetables
- Ability to think in a creative, innovative, and practical way
- Knowledge of specifications, contracts, and performance standards within landscape operations
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously without on-site supervision
- Excellent Communications skills, both verbally and in writing, to a wide variety of individuals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products including outlook, excel, word and power point.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment with frequent travel. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: