Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LyondellBasell is staffing for an Olefins Production Engineer for the Channelview, TX Manufacturing Complex, located 18 miles from downtown Houston. Our 4,000-acre Channelview Complex consists of two Olefins units at the north side facility that manufacture ethylene, propylene, butadiene and benzene. The south side facility uses many of these products to produce propylene oxide, styrene monomer and other derivativesBasic Function
Provide daily monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization of a defined operating area to ensure safe, environmentally compliant, reliable operation, while maximizing on stream time and profitability.Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify, collaborate, recommend, document, and implement initiatives to improve unit performance, with the goal to capture incremental production at the lowest cost
- Coordinates with Operation to remove constraints
- Develops and communicates unit performance and improvement strategies
- Supports gap closure and continuous improvement activities by providing engineering calculations and justifications for new projects and participating in capital, expense and special project scope development, execution, support and training
- Determines causes of deviations in quality, capacity, yield, and energy consumption
- Approval of off-spec feedstock and opportunity feeds
- Leads Management of Change process
- Provides technical expertise for PHAs, PSV work, safety system disablement, and other PS activities in the area
- Provides unit support during troubleshooting, turnarounds, startups, shut downs, catalyst changes, and other non-routine unit activities
- Provides engineering calculation to quantity environmental releases
- B.S. degree in an engineering discipline
- 5 or more years of experience in refining, petrochemical or chemical environment is desired
- Technical understanding of unit processes and application of unit operations principals such as mass and energy balances, fluids, thermodynamics, mass and heat transfer, and distillation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams and interact with all levels of the organization
- Process troubleshooting and knowledge of company tools and resources to perform such activities
- Innovative thinking to solve complex issues
- Self-motivation and high initiative
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
LyondellBasell is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical, and refining companies. We participate in the entire petrochemical value chain, from refining to specialized petrochemical product end uses. We are the largest producer of polypropylene and polypropylene compounds; a leading producer of propylene oxide, polyethylene, ethylene and propylene; a global leader in polyolefins technology; and a producer of refined products, including biofuels. Additionally, LyondellBasell is a leading provider of technology licenses and a supplier of catalysts for polyolefin production. We are geographically diverse with an extensive global manufacturing, supply, technical and commercial infrastructure. Our products are used in numerous countries around the world. As economies around the globe develop, the demand for our products continues to grow.
We're looking for bright minds and great chemistry. At LyondellBasell, we offer big opportunities for big careers in a challenging environment where learning never stops. We expect and reward high performance, and we’ve created a compensation and incentive program that supports this goal. We know amazing results are the outcome of amazing work, and we’re committed to becoming the top performer in our industry. The LyondellBasell companies are equal opportunity employers.
Ready to be part of something big? Join the LyondellBasell Talent Network today to be on your way to a rewarding, new career!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.