Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Logistics Commercial Buyer
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Supports the Logistics Commercial group by managing the contract rate databases and vendor payment performance. Responsible for the purchase of logistics services on a site or regional basis. Ensures accurate definition of requirements, and utilizes procurement system consistent with the company control guidelines. Supports the purchase to pay process by researching, validating and resolving complex invoices received by logistics vendors.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Make use of procurement system in SAP and other support systems (including Bourque Logistics).
- Effect process improvements with transportation buyers and suppliers.
- Identify and champion new Purchase to Pay process improvements consistent with business and internal control objectives.
- Communicate with Customer Service, Logistics Operations and Logistics Commercial areas to validate services by transportation vendors.
- Coordinate flow of information to Logistics Support team and Accounts Payables to enable accurate and timely processing of transportation invoices while maintaining effective business controls.
- Accountable for decisions regarding correct GL/CC accounts to enable accurate information to business.
- Manage and maintain the contract data support in SAP and Bourque Logistics in order to ensure effective rating and routing of shipments.
- Review and convert requisitions, issue purchase orders to the supplier and/or business.
- Perform all necessary transactions in SAP to enable processing of the invoices by Accounts Payable.
- Manage Logistics Payable Support team performance by ensuring effective and accurate processing of exception invoices.
- Ensure full resolution of all exception transportation service invoices, by working to involve other areas of the organization as needed.
- Total compliance with Corporate Business Ethics Policy, standards, procedures and government regulations and assures that all corporate purchasing policies are adhered to in all transactions.
- Responsible for decisions on invoices to be declined/disputed. Convey information as needed to other areas of organization. Maintain information on disputed invoices and follow-up with vendors as required to ensure resolution.
- Manage claim process with vendors to ensure all valid overpayments are refunded in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical skills
- Influencing skills
- Project management, organizing and planning skills
- Knowledge of business process flows within Supply Chain
- Problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of statistical functions
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
LyondellBasell is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical, and refining companies. We participate in the entire petrochemical value chain, from refining to specialized petrochemical product end uses. We are the largest producer of polypropylene and polypropylene compounds; a leading producer of propylene oxide, polyethylene, ethylene and propylene; a global leader in polyolefins technology; and a producer of refined products, including biofuels. Additionally, LyondellBasell is a leading provider of technology licenses and a supplier of catalysts for polyolefin production. We are geographically diverse with an extensive global manufacturing, supply, technical and commercial infrastructure. Our products are used in numerous countries around the world. As economies around the globe develop, the demand for our products continues to grow.
We're looking for bright minds and great chemistry. At LyondellBasell, we offer big opportunities for big careers in a challenging environment where learning never stops. We expect and reward high performance, and we’ve created a compensation and incentive program that supports this goal. We know amazing results are the outcome of amazing work, and we’re committed to becoming the top performer in our industry. The LyondellBasell companies are equal opportunity employers.
Ready to be part of something big? Join the LyondellBasell Talent Network today to be on your way to a rewarding, new career!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.