Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The HR Consultant will have responsibility for the HR partnership role supporting business units at the Channelview site. This position will support all levels of leadership focusing on various Human Resources areas such as employee retention, talent acquisition, performance management, succession planning, onboarding programs, and general HR policies and procedures, etc.Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide one point of contact for HR support to assist in the achievement of client's business goals and objectives providing strategic partnership/ advisement with internal client leadership at all levels.
- Develops employee retention initiatives in partnership with client groups; evaluates retention drivers and turnover statistics; works with management team to develop retention plans and oversees execution of those plans.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to management ensuring the establishment of sound management practices, aligned with HR policy procedure and practices, and consistent decision making processes across the lines of business.
- Proactively identify business and HR objectives/expectations that will benefit client leaders - manage to completion.
- Lead the improvement of quality and delivery of HR processes and data requests with zero defects.
- Partner with leaders in the development and implementation of organizational structure changes including identifying impact and assisting in the communication as needed.
- Provide counsel to client leaders in order to proactively anticipate and address complex HR issues impacting the business.
- Coordinate and lead talent management discussions with assigned business leaders.
- Partner with the business unit to identify opportunities for staff development and assist managers on creating development plans.
- Partner with the business unit and Talent Acquisition to obtain skilled talent.
- Participate in project teams in client organization, providing guidance and support as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree with a preference in Business Administration or Human Resources Management and /or a minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Human Resources Generalist
- Must have solid HR fundamentals and broad-based experience in HR, including employee relations and knowledge and understanding of EEO laws, Affirmative Action and conflict resolution
- Proficiency working independently in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- The ability to work with all levels of employees from front line employees to senior management.
- Ability to drive change; challenge the status quo; and take specific actions to facilitate change.
- Excellent team building skills, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Creative problem solver with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills.
- Strong communication skills to include verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred
- Experience in the chemical, petrochemical or oil and gas industry
- Prior SAP experience
- The ability and flexibility to support continuous operating manufacturing sites
- Exempt-level human resources experience in manufacturing or operations in a related industry.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
LyondellBasell is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical, and refining companies. We participate in the entire petrochemical value chain, from refining to specialized petrochemical product end uses. We are the largest producer of polypropylene and polypropylene compounds; a leading producer of propylene oxide, polyethylene, ethylene and propylene; a global leader in polyolefins technology; and a producer of refined products, including biofuels. Additionally, LyondellBasell is a leading provider of technology licenses and a supplier of catalysts for polyolefin production. We are geographically diverse with an extensive global manufacturing, supply, technical and commercial infrastructure. Our products are used in numerous countries around the world. As economies around the globe develop, the demand for our products continues to grow.
We're looking for bright minds and great chemistry. At LyondellBasell, we offer big opportunities for big careers in a challenging environment where learning never stops. We expect and reward high performance, and we’ve created a compensation and incentive program that supports this goal. We know amazing results are the outcome of amazing work, and we’re committed to becoming the top performer in our industry. The LyondellBasell companies are equal opportunity employers.
Ready to be part of something big? Join the LyondellBasell Talent Network today to be on your way to a rewarding, new career!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.