Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Analyzer Technician
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The Pipeline Maintenance Team is seeking a Field Analyzer Maintenance Technician to join our dynamic mobile team. In this position, you will be expected to provide and apply technical expertise in the installation, commissioning, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of Gas Chromatographs and Continuous Process Analyzers and their associated systems. All work activities are to be performed safely and in a way that promotes a safe work environment. Potential candidates will be self-motivated, results driven, effective communicators, energetic, and team oriented having a positive attitude. This position is based in Mount Belvieu, TX supporting local and offsite pipeline assets.
• Maintains the process analyzers and their support systems
• Generates and reviews procedures
• Develops and implements solutions to improve Analyzer MTBR and reduce unplanned maintenance events
• Provides technical direction for engineering contractors on analysis equipment
• Identifies areas where analyzers can improve plant operations and profitability
• Identifies obsolete and/or antiquated analyzers and corresponding business and process appropriate solutions
• Provides assistance with FAT and SATs, commissioning and checkouts
• Assists in the pre-commissioning and start-up of new processes on an as needed basis as detailed in the execution plan to ensure adequate transfer of custody and care to plant operations
• Provide technical expertise for the commissioning, trouble-shooting, configuration and repair of analyzers.
• Create records of maintenance activities to support the tracking of analyzer reliability and recommend improvements.
• Execute assigned tasks with professionalism and prompt action
• Complies with DOT regulations
• High School diploma or GED.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working with industrial process analyzers.
• A high commitment to perform preventive or corrective maintenance on analyzers and willing to learn and accept new challenges.
• Fundamental understanding of specification sheets, loop diagrams, and P&ID’s.
• Possess a working level knowledge of work permitting, process safety, and operating discipline
• Proficiency with basic computer software skills including competency with MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
• Candidate must be available to provide overtime coverage, work weekends, call-outs and holidays as needed.
• Work well with others and contribute to a team setting.
• Complete tasks wearing required personal protective equipment which may include fire protective clothing, goggles, face shields, gloves, steel toe boots, hearing protection, respirators, etc.
• Work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, training, and equipment)
• Position requires the individual to be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
• Work in an environment that requires frequent bending, reaching, lifting, and entering tight or confined spaces
• Work in noisy environments, and elevated heights (climbing stairs and vertical ladders).
• Work outside, year-round under extreme weather conditions
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
• 10 years of analyzer maintenance experience in an industrial environment.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
LyondellBasell is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical, and refining companies. We participate in the entire petrochemical value chain, from refining to specialized petrochemical product end uses. We are the largest producer of polypropylene and polypropylene compounds; a leading producer of propylene oxide, polyethylene, ethylene and propylene; a global leader in polyolefins technology; and a producer of refined products, including biofuels. Additionally, LyondellBasell is a leading provider of technology licenses and a supplier of catalysts for polyolefin production. We are geographically diverse with an extensive global manufacturing, supply, technical and commercial infrastructure. Our products are used in numerous countries around the world. As economies around the globe develop, the demand for our products continues to grow.
We're looking for bright minds and great chemistry. At LyondellBasell, we offer big opportunities for big careers in a challenging environment where learning never stops. We expect and reward high performance, and we’ve created a compensation and incentive program that supports this goal. We know amazing results are the outcome of amazing work, and we’re committed to becoming the top performer in our industry. The LyondellBasell companies are equal opportunity employers.
Ready to be part of something big? Join the LyondellBasell Talent Network today to be on your way to a rewarding, new career!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.