Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer, Process I
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
The LaPorte Complex consists of an Ethylene Steam Cracker, Syngas Partial Oxidation unit, Methanol unit, Acetic Acid Unit, Vinyl Acetate Monomer Unit, and 3 Polyethylene plants. This role provides production engineering support to the ethylene steam cracker at the Lyondellbasell LaPorte TX petrochemical facility. The responsibilities include monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing production areas to drive process and product improvements while maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus. The area of process support will be the Olefins Quench-Compression/Utilities: process gas compressor, quench tower, caustic treating, Condensate/Pygas strippers, 2 steam boilers, 2 flares, and waste water biological treatment area.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of safety, environment, production, reliability, cost, and quality.
- Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus.
- Develop recommendations to achieve production targets.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize production units.
- Provide process design support for capital projects.
- Participate in unit turnarounds
- Contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results.
- Coordinate and interact with corporate supporting and engineering groups as needed for process issue resolution
- Balance day-to-day operational priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analyses and Process Safety Management activities.
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience working as an engineer with relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries
- A background in Olefins cracking technology a plus
- A background in demonstrated process improvement a plus
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
LyondellBasell is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical, and refining companies. We participate in the entire petrochemical value chain, from refining to specialized petrochemical product end uses. We are the largest producer of polypropylene and polypropylene compounds; a leading producer of propylene oxide, polyethylene, ethylene and propylene; a global leader in polyolefins technology; and a producer of refined products, including biofuels. Additionally, LyondellBasell is a leading provider of technology licenses and a supplier of catalysts for polyolefin production. We are geographically diverse with an extensive global manufacturing, supply, technical and commercial infrastructure. Our products are used in numerous countries around the world. As economies around the globe develop, the demand for our products continues to grow.
We're looking for bright minds and great chemistry. At LyondellBasell, we offer big opportunities for big careers in a challenging environment where learning never stops. We expect and reward high performance, and we’ve created a compensation and incentive program that supports this goal. We know amazing results are the outcome of amazing work, and we’re committed to becoming the top performer in our industry. The LyondellBasell companies are equal opportunity employers.
Ready to be part of something big? Join the LyondellBasell Talent Network today to be on your way to a rewarding, new career!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.