Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
East Maintenance Lead
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This position provides leadership to the Maintenance Organization at the La Porte Complex (LPO). This position will be one of two Maintenance Lead positions reporting to the Maintenance Manager. To coach, mentor, and supervise maintenance team to ensure development and safe execution of LPO maintenance plans for their areas. This position must perform at a strategic level with sound decision making focusing on safety and site performance.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Sets and maintains a clear message that Safe execution of all work is the number 1 priority.
• Ensures all work in their area/craft of responsibility is performed to GoalZero expectations and in adherence with all procedures.
• Ensures safe execution of maintenance plans, evaluates results and provides feedback to appropriate personnel.
• Drives the LyondellBasell culture: People are our greatest asset.
• Ensures the Code of Conduct and all other Company policies are accurately, consistently and fairly administered.
• Ensures the Maintenance & Operations Work Process (MOWP) is followed, and barriers to successful maintenance execution are removed.
• Drives efficiency improvements in all aspects of maintenance activities.
• Removes all barriers to meeting site objectives including maintenance KPI targets.
• Ensures compliance with all company, local, state, and federal agency requirements with special emphasis on personal and process safety and environmental compliance.
• Manages performance and professional development of supervisory personnel in the assigned area and ensures supervisors/coordinators are effectively managing hourly personnel and have the right level of contractor oversight.
• Works with the Training department to ensure craftsmen acquire and maintain necessary craft certifications.
• Assists the Training department in developing and implementing craft training.
• Responsible for defining and achieving maintenance strategies/goals.
• Responsible for budget expenditures in their area of responsibility, ensures maintenance accounting policy and cost consistency is maintained.
• Helps prepare and administers the maintenance budget.
• Plan and execute equipment/unit outages not supported by Turnaround/Outage organization. Can also fill the role of Outage Lead for critical outages.
• Assures the maintenance execution team is knowledgeable in the policies and procedures to safely and environmentally execute the job plan.
• Assures that process safety concerns and or events are escalated and investigated in a timely manner.
• Directly responsible for the performance of the employees and supervisors assigned to their areas.
• Ensures resources (people, tools, equipment, etc.) are utilized in the safest, most-efficient methods possible.
• Make decisions on the best use of resources.
• Ensures callouts and overtime requests are in accordance with overall site goals around: HSE, Production, Cost, and People.
• Enforces culture that will stop unsafe work, and correct unsafe work practices.
• Works well with co-lead to ensure overall site maintenance priorities are achieved.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience and recognized as an Maintenance professional
• Effective leadership and communication skills
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to guide others toward goal achievement.
• Use appropriate facilitation methods to motivate group toward accomplishment of objectives.
• Work effectively with others outside the line of formal authority to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
• Maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational norms in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Achieve a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job related areas.
• Maintain effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
• Maintain stable performance under time pressures or job ambiguity.
• Set high goals and standards of performance for self, subordinates, others and the organization.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline preferred
• 5 years in a Leadership position preferred
• Experience developing and managing a budget preferred
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
LyondellBasell is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical, and refining companies. We participate in the entire petrochemical value chain, from refining to specialized petrochemical product end uses. We are the largest producer of polypropylene and polypropylene compounds; a leading producer of propylene oxide, polyethylene, ethylene and propylene; a global leader in polyolefins technology; and a producer of refined products, including biofuels. Additionally, LyondellBasell is a leading provider of technology licenses and a supplier of catalysts for polyolefin production. We are geographically diverse with an extensive global manufacturing, supply, technical and commercial infrastructure. Our products are used in numerous countries around the world. As economies around the globe develop, the demand for our products continues to grow.
We're looking for bright minds and great chemistry. At LyondellBasell, we offer big opportunities for big careers in a challenging environment where learning never stops. We expect and reward high performance, and we’ve created a compensation and incentive program that supports this goal. We know amazing results are the outcome of amazing work, and we’re committed to becoming the top performer in our industry. The LyondellBasell companies are equal opportunity employers.
Ready to be part of something big? Join the LyondellBasell Talent Network today to be on your way to a rewarding, new career!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.