Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contracts Manager - Global Projects
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
LyondellBasell continues to invest in major capital projects to support its long range organic growth strategy and is adding to its workforce to support this growth. In the contracts manager role, you will be responsible for providing project contracting and commercial expertise to LyondellBasell, Project Managers and other professionals in Procurement and Projects to ensure fully optimized capital contracting strategies for capital projects of $500 Million - $3 Billion.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop EP/C contracting strategies that deliver value to LYB, provide robust risk mitigation and ensure project success
- Support and or lead the EP/C contracting process from SOI through contract execution
- Manage team of contract administrators and buyers to support contract administration
- Business partner to Project management in all aspects of project contracts development and administration
- Oversee Requests for Proposal (RFPs) process through contract administration staff
- Advise, as necessary, on project contract matters, including soliciting input from company Procurement and Legal groups
- Ensure that contract correspondence, documentation, and records are being prepared accurately so as to mitigate risk to LYB.
- Provide leadership in resolving contractor claims and participating in negotiations with contractor, as necessary
- Provide project claims avoidance & mitigation advice, as necessary
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills, demonstrated problem solving capacity, and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills within a diverse cross-functional team is essential
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain.
- Minimum of 15 years of overall experience, with 10+ years prior experience working in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Refining, or Oil & Gas industry acting as Contract Manager/Advisor for an owner company.
- Prior experience as a manager, leading a team is required.
- Experience in running EP/C RFP process through contract execution for projects >$500MM TIC strongly preferred.
- Experience working for an owner organization is strongly preferred
- Excellent business and financial acumen.
- Excellent project leadership, communication, and problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong process orientation, foresight, ability to influence others through direct/indirect networks.
- Excellent negotiation skills with internal and external management up to the executive level.
- Excellent presentation skills and executive presence.
- Meets high ethical and financial control compliance standards.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
LyondellBasell is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical, and refining companies. We participate in the entire petrochemical value chain, from refining to specialized petrochemical product end uses. We are the largest producer of polypropylene and polypropylene compounds; a leading producer of propylene oxide, polyethylene, ethylene and propylene; a global leader in polyolefins technology; and a producer of refined products, including biofuels. Additionally, LyondellBasell is a leading provider of technology licenses and a supplier of catalysts for polyolefin production. We are geographically diverse with an extensive global manufacturing, supply, technical and commercial infrastructure. Our products are used in numerous countries around the world. As economies around the globe develop, the demand for our products continues to grow.
We're looking for bright minds and great chemistry. At LyondellBasell, we offer big opportunities for big careers in a challenging environment where learning never stops. We expect and reward high performance, and we’ve created a compensation and incentive program that supports this goal. We know amazing results are the outcome of amazing work, and we’re committed to becoming the top performer in our industry. The LyondellBasell companies are equal opportunity employers.
Ready to be part of something big? Join the LyondellBasell Talent Network today to be on your way to a rewarding, new career!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.