Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
APS Inside Sales Account Manager
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
This inside sales role will act as the key interface between North American APS (Advanced Polymer Solutions) staff and customers within a geographic territory or market segment. The candidate shall represent the company on assigned accounts and shall plan and direct all sales activity for both established and prospective accounts primarily via phone or email with minimal customer visits, only to be carried out on an exception basis. The position is located in downtown Houston, Texas.Roles & Responsibilities
- Promote and sell company products by interacting with established customers and new prospects
- Quote prices, terms of sale and manage any needed contracting actions for customers in line with stated business/sales strategies
- Independently negotiate sales and follow up on leads (with business support as needed).
- Support pricing and forecasting activities for all customers
- Aid in the resolution of customer chargebacks and complaints.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of company products and their application to respond to and resolve specific customer needs and requirements
- Manage accounts to consistently meet or exceed sales expectations and goals
- Maintain account and call information of customers in Salesforce in accordance with established company guidelines.
- Respond to customer inquiries as well as initiate cold-calls to grow market share as needed.
- Proactively communicate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide regular up-dates on market intelligence and competitive movements to the business in the respective area
- Four-year college degree required (major in business or sciences preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience preferred in petrochemical industry or equivalent experience
- Experience with SAP, Vendavo, CRM, ERP and COM preferred
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
LyondellBasell is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical, and refining companies. We participate in the entire petrochemical value chain, from refining to specialized petrochemical product end uses. We are the largest producer of polypropylene and polypropylene compounds; a leading producer of propylene oxide, polyethylene, ethylene and propylene; a global leader in polyolefins technology; and a producer of refined products, including biofuels. Additionally, LyondellBasell is a leading provider of technology licenses and a supplier of catalysts for polyolefin production. We are geographically diverse with an extensive global manufacturing, supply, technical and commercial infrastructure. Our products are used in numerous countries around the world. As economies around the globe develop, the demand for our products continues to grow.
We're looking for bright minds and great chemistry. At LyondellBasell, we offer big opportunities for big careers in a challenging environment where learning never stops. We expect and reward high performance, and we’ve created a compensation and incentive program that supports this goal. We know amazing results are the outcome of amazing work, and we’re committed to becoming the top performer in our industry. The LyondellBasell companies are equal opportunity employers.
Ready to be part of something big? Join the LyondellBasell Talent Network today to be on your way to a rewarding, new career!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.