Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ADir., External Reporting & Policy
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Head of the departments responsible for financial reporting to the Securities and Exchange Commission (US GAAP) and the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (IFRS), as well as ultimate authority in global accounting policies and technical accounting matters (US GAAP and IFRS). This role also participates actively in M&A transactions, strategic projects and process improvements. Leads a team of 10 (5 direct reports and 5 indirect)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparation, reporting and filing of SEC periodic reports such as, Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, the Annual Report, and all IFRS reporting
- Working with internal SEC counsel, ensures compliance with all SEC, FASB, Dutch Law and IFRS rules and regulations
- Lead role in the coordination and directing of components of the external audit related to financial reporting and complex accounting matters
- Lead role for finance in Company special projects including, but not limited to; potential mergers and acquisitions, debt restructurings, tax restructurings and the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Support recruiting, development and evaluation of staff
- Co-lead (with SEC counsel) and presenter at the Disclosure Committee
- As a subject matter expert, work with the business and others in the organization to identify, resolve and document complex accounting issues and pending transactions
- Prepare and review accounting memoranda providing documentation of the Company’s application of accounting principles to specific transactions or events
- Evaluate various complex transaction structures against US GAAP and IFRS, recommends alternative structures to meet business and financial needs while complying with accounting principles and regulations
- Monitors standard-setters for latest accounting regulations, analyzes impact of new/emerging regulations (FASB, SEC and IASB) the company and proactively develops policy to address standard adoption and implementation
- Lead training sessions for company-wide finance personnel on both US GAAP and IFRS accounting.
- Maintains strong relationship with external auditors; confers with external auditors on various transactions; documents transactions and decisions
- Strong SEC reporting knowledge needed and the ability to review SEC filings and the IFRS annual financial reporting to provide value-added comments in the process
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and SEC rules with hands on reporting experience gained either in public accounting or industry (or a combination thereof)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize competing work streams while managing a team effectively
- Ability to explain complex accounting concepts in “plain English” to stakeholders including, Leadership Team, Board of Directors and its committees.
- Previous experience in dealing with corporate governance structure (audit committee, Board of Directors) and external auditors
- Experience in leading a team of professionals
- Ability to effectively collaborate and influence peers and managers across multiple functions and levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- A CPA, CA, ACA or RA is required.
- 15 to 20 years of relevant experience in industry or public accounting. Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in a similar role required
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
LyondellBasell is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical, and refining companies. We participate in the entire petrochemical value chain, from refining to specialized petrochemical product end uses. We are the largest producer of polypropylene and polypropylene compounds; a leading producer of propylene oxide, polyethylene, ethylene and propylene; a global leader in polyolefins technology; and a producer of refined products, including biofuels. Additionally, LyondellBasell is a leading provider of technology licenses and a supplier of catalysts for polyolefin production. We are geographically diverse with an extensive global manufacturing, supply, technical and commercial infrastructure. Our products are used in numerous countries around the world. As economies around the globe develop, the demand for our products continues to grow.
We're looking for bright minds and great chemistry. At LyondellBasell, we offer big opportunities for big careers in a challenging environment where learning never stops. We expect and reward high performance, and we’ve created a compensation and incentive program that supports this goal. We know amazing results are the outcome of amazing work, and we’re committed to becoming the top performer in our industry. The LyondellBasell companies are equal opportunity employers.
Ready to be part of something big? Join the LyondellBasell Talent Network today to be on your way to a rewarding, new career!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.