Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The LyondellBasell Accounting and Finance department has approximately 350 team members located between Houston, London, Hong Kong, and the Netherlands. Our group performs accounting support, basic problem solving and in depth analysis for defined functional areas. Additionally, we partner with business and manufacturing site leadership to provide financial information, insight and analysis to support business and segment level decision making.Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform accounting & analytical services for corporate and manufacturing departments including Audit, Fixed Assets, Inventory, and Manufacturing Accounting.
- Perform processes for identified areas of responsibility including month end process order closure, journal voucher transfers, miscellaneous accruals, cost allocations as designed and 3rd party billings
- Execute top quality accounting and governance functional performance in areas of complex technical accounting and reporting
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial statements for which they are compiling through the application of GAAP and analytical investigation
- Create appropriate report / communications, reconciliations, flux analysis, and contribute on Continuous Improvement Teams
- Identify, initiate, and promote process redesign and improvements to enhance productivity and efficiency
- Will be asked to perform audit functions in applicable areas
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or an equivalent degree
- Must be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge of GAAP, demonstrate organization and prioritization skills and have advanced communication abilities
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or greater
Position not eligible for referral bonus.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
LyondellBasell is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical, and refining companies. We participate in the entire petrochemical value chain, from refining to specialized petrochemical product end uses. We are the largest producer of polypropylene and polypropylene compounds; a leading producer of propylene oxide, polyethylene, ethylene and propylene; a global leader in polyolefins technology; and a producer of refined products, including biofuels. Additionally, LyondellBasell is a leading provider of technology licenses and a supplier of catalysts for polyolefin production. We are geographically diverse with an extensive global manufacturing, supply, technical and commercial infrastructure. Our products are used in numerous countries around the world. As economies around the globe develop, the demand for our products continues to grow.
We're looking for bright minds and great chemistry. At LyondellBasell, we offer big opportunities for big careers in a challenging environment where learning never stops. We expect and reward high performance, and we’ve created a compensation and incentive program that supports this goal. We know amazing results are the outcome of amazing work, and we’re committed to becoming the top performer in our industry. The LyondellBasell companies are equal opportunity employers.
Ready to be part of something big? Join the LyondellBasell Talent Network today to be on your way to a rewarding, new career!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.