Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Primarily sales position with a strong emphasis on customer service, meeting goals and achieving results, the Leasing Staff manages the sales process, from start to finish; presenting the apartments and communities enthusiastically, overcoming objections, building relationships and creating excitement.
· Performs leasing of apartment units at the assigned property to prospective residents by communicating the value of residence at the assigned property.
· Responds to phone and email inquiries from prospective residents. Applies sales techniques to schedule tours of the property. Meets with prospective residents and checks the availability of units based on preferences and budget.
· Collects required information from prospective residents to qualify residents for a lease. Completes all forms and data entry associated with leasing activities.
· Notifies prospective resident of approval or disapproval. Assists qualified prospective residents with completing lease agreement and collects initial rent and deposit payments. Assists new residents with the move-in process.
· Prepares and maintains a file for each resident according to policy and procedures.
· Proactively contacts residents with expiring leases to propose renewals and close the renewal of the lease in advance of the lease expiration. Communicates and reinforces the resident value proposition to overcome resistance and secure renewal agreements.
· Assists with marketing efforts in the community to promote positive awareness of the property and increase traffic of prospective residents. Contacts prospective residents by phone to market the property and schedule tours.
· Receives and corresponds with residents regarding service or other needs. Prepares work orders for service and triages requests to staff members as appropriate. Promotes positive resident relations and provides customer service and responsiveness to resident needs and concerns.
· Ensures adherence to LYND policies and safety rules; complies with LYND policies for reporting incidents.
· Monitors the property landscape and other attributes to identify and report potential safety hazards and concerns and to ensure quality property aesthetics.
· Adheres to a varied work schedule, including weekends and some holidays, as required to be available to current and prospective residents.
· Attends and participates in training programs and events.
· Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
· Operates the property in compliance with regulatory agency, lender, investor and other applicable compliance requirements.
· Ensures resident files, certifications, and re-certifications are completed accurately and timely.
· Passes file audits, physical inspections of units and buildings, and/or management and occupancy reviews.
· High school diploma/GED and 1-3 years of experience in leasing, sales, and/or customer service required
· Experience working at a Low Income Housing Tax Credit, HOME, HUD, or other income restricted affordable housing program
· Customer service skills and conflict resolutions skills to overcome objections and resolve issues
· Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and standards
· Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Sales knowledge, skills and abilities to sell products and services to new and existing customers
· Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing
· Organizational skills to maintain records and schedules
· Knowledge of apartment management laws and regulations at the federal, state, and local levels
· Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects of the property to determine adherence to standards
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain appropriate discretion
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds.
· This job operates in a professional office environment with occasional exposure to outside weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
· The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to various outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms, hands and fingers; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. Occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The working environment is typically in an office setting, with an occasional need to leave the premises for business purposes.
· The Leasing Staff may work non-traditional hours, to include evenings or weekends in order to complete work. Employer may also require employees to attend company meetings and training programs; may require additional travel outside of assigned community.
· Property employees are required to comply with the company uniform policy. A copy of the uniform policy is provided on the first day of company employment.
· Valid Drivers License
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and are subject to possible modification.