Lone Star Family Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Professional Counselor
at Lone Star Family Health
- Job Title
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) will work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental and emotional health addressing issues such as, but not limited to, addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting, and marital problems; behavioral disorders; stress management; anxiety; self-esteem; and aging.
Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Counsels patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Collects information about patients through interviews, observations or tests.
- Assesses patients for risk of suicidal thoughts and/or plans.
- Guides patients in the development of skills or strategies for dealing with problems.
- Develops and implements treatment plans based on clinical experience, knowledge or collaboration with other staff members as necessary.
- Fills out and maintains patient documentation, including federal- and state-mandated forms, diagnostic records, and progress notes.
- Prepares and maintains all required treatment records and reports in the electronic health record following Center’s policies in a timely manner.
- Evaluates patients’ physical or mental condition, based on review of patient information.
- Refers patients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Acts as a patient advocate to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Modifies treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in patients’ status.
- Meets with families, probation officers, police or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process as allowed by law.
- Instructs Family Medicine residents and medical, nursing and other students as appropriate.
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) with current Texas license.
Bilingual – English and Spanish.
Master’s degree in counseling or other relevant field from four-year college or university.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in healthcare clinic.
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) certification.