Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sous Chef - House of Blues
at Live Nation
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues Venues provide several genres of live music, from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
House of Blues opened its doors on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, serving its first meal to the local shelters. Since opening, House of Blues has been committed to giving back to the community through the International House of Blues Foundation.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
- Responsible for all food and food related costs, procedures, quality, and all back of house labor percentage and budgets.
I. Financial Performance of Departments
- Meets or exceeds budgetary expectation
- Food & Beverage Cost
- Labor Cost
- Operating Accounts
- Inventory is controlled, monitored and maintained bi-weekly
- Develop menu engineering program to project and monitor trend and predict cost
II. Supervision of the Department
- Assist and support kitchen management in any of their job functions, as needed
- Work with Executive Chef to schedule shifts for kitchen staff
- Ensure that there is no unapproved overtime on shift
- Check labor daily in Labor Management system
- Perform all opening and closing kitchen supervisory tasks
- Ensure positive and creative team environment within department
- Facilitate open communication with the Sous Chefs, supervisors and staff
- Facilitate proper inter-departmental communications and organization
- Perform timely staff evaluations (training and annual). Set written development and performance goals for all team members, and monitor progress
- Assure complete and satisfactory on-going staff training per corporate training program
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels. Recruitment and hiring staff/supervisors, ensure that hiring/disciplinary/termination standards follow all HOB guidelines
- Maintains open door policy/one on one with staff
- Decisions are information based and follow up on efficiently
- Information is gathered, shared, and used appropriately
- Ensure adherence to safety guidelines
- Ensure proper execution of all corporate mandates, SOP’s and Specs
- Participate in weekly Kitchen Manager’s meeting
III. Sale Building
- Development, with Executive Chef and Corporate Food and Beverage, of cost effective specials and menu changes to achieve maximum sales
- Assist Executive Chef with menu changes 2 times a year in Restaurant
- Create menu contest with Executive Chef to increase particular sales in designated areas
- Ensure food is considered excellent value for money and increases guest frequency
- Assist and support kitchen staff in any of their job functions, as needed
- Participate in outside appearances and fund raising events to increase awareness of the House of Blues
IV. Maintain Operation Supplies
- All staff has supplies needed to facilitate job
- All staff is trained (and signed off) on equipment upon hiring
- All equipment is maintained in operable condition
- All events are organized and planned per HOB specs.
- All housekeeping standards are maintained in compliance with inspection guidelines / Local Health Code
- HOB Specs. Forms are updated and used to insure consistency
V. Maintenance and Update of Micros and Labor Systems
- All employees input prior to work
- All employees are job classed and current wages are inputted
- All files are maintained and changes are submitted to Corporate Food and Beverage
- All menu item counts are current and maintained weekly
- All food standards are met per HOB Specs and not deviated from without approval from Corporate Food and Beverage
- Food portions are monitored and revisions are recommended to Corporate Food and Beverage
- New items are recommended quarterly to Corporate Food and Beverage
- Guest and crew feedback is reported and issues resolved
- Recipe adherence is 100%
- Minimum 3 years kitchen management experience and experience in management
- Skilled in cooking, cost controls, management, crew training and development
- Working knowledge of Kitchen and dishwashing procedures
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage costs, labor costs, and product cost
- Computer knowledge: Excel worksheets, databases, word processing, and Micros
- Ability to run all kitchen operations
- Knowledge of operations and procedures of a multi-faceted entertainment facility
- College degree
- Able to lift at least 150 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time (10 – 12 hours)
- Able to tolerate extreme heat
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.