Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Live Nation
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues venues provide several genres of live music from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
- Responsible for assisting daily operations and overall business objectives in the Restaurant.
- Ensure comfortable atmosphere in room (lighting, temperature, music volume, cleanliness-line of sight)
- Ensure that standards are being met regarding staff uniforms, quality of service/food, timeliness of food, guest relations
- Assist and support restaurant/music hall staff in any of their job functions as needed
- Conduct daily pre-shift in an upbeat and motivational manner
- Provide clear and specific communications to the staff
- Direct interaction with Server Trainers/Blues Buster and trainees
- Conduct 100% table visits
- Ensure that service is up to HOB standards
- Assist Manager on Duty in programming “specials” into micros system
- Assist in perceiving and troubleshooting potential problems
- Assist in scheduling staff, voids/closing comps, liquor pulls, cutting staffing levels, checking out Blues Buster and bar staff at end of shift
- Greet all guests promptly and courteously in a professional manner
- Responsible for bank and adherence to HOB cash handling policy
- Assist in filling “change” requests from bartenders and servers
- Maintain HOB safety and sanitation standards
- Assist other employees and departments as needed
- Attend pre-shift meeting conducted by Manager on Duty prior to start of each shift
- Check ticket counts with box office before shift begins
- Perform daily liquor pulls for bar staff
- Log nightly sales and operational issues in Manager Log Book, either manually or online
- Monitor the labor cost of the shift, paying close attention to overtime
- Accurate accounting close-out of special events
- Checking accuracy of labor system at the end of the shift
- Maintain reservations
- Oversee parties/special events in the rooms
- (State or County Licensee or Certification Requirement)/ Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
- Ability to work late hours
- 3 years supervisory experience in high volume restaurant/music hall environment
- Working knowledge of restaurant operations
- Entry level knowledge of state, federal and local liquor laws, retail operations, computers (Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Skill in leadership, guest relations, decision making and staff schedule maintenance
- Ability to engage in positive interaction with staff and guests, prioritize, organize, motivate staff, problem solve, delegate, follow-up, communicate, diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact
- High School diploma
- Point of Sales knowledge, preferably MICROS
- Some college or college degree
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced, loud and stressful
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
- Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.