Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant to General Manager
at Live Nation
- To support the performance and activities of the General Manager. Responsible for ensuring that all incoming phone calls are answered in a professional manner, distribute mail, greet and direct visitors and assist various departments with administrative-support duties as needed.
- Handle all projects as directed by GM
- Answer all calls that go to the GM line
- Coordinate GM schedule, daily calendar of meetings, events, etc.
- Liaison between staff and General Manager
- Answers a high volume of calls in an efficient and professional manner and screening calls as required. Direct callers to the appropriate personnel and performs follow-up calls and correspondence
·Scheduling of Appointments
- Coordinate/Arrange Corporate VIP/VIP requests, i.e., ticket requests, seating arrangements and lodging, etc.
- Handle all ticket requests for GM review, i.e. V.I.P., Home Office, Employee, etc. Must work closely with Box Office management on all ticket requests to ensure tickets are distributed to the correct parties.
- Handle special Artist Hotel requests for talent department
- Coordinate/arrange travel for GM and other unit personnel as directed by GM
- Organize and maintain GM filing system
- Keep books on all venue reports, i.e., Flash, COS, Labor, etc.
- Keep copy of all vendors agreements on file
- Order all stationery for administrative personnel and business cards for all management personnel.
- May coordinate office birthday recognition.
- Coordinates parking validation with local garages
- Locate and purchase office furniture as requested by GM, i.e. chairs, desks, etc.
- Compare services and rates of select vendors such as FedEx, UPS, Cannon, etc., while working with corporate to guarantee lowest possible rates
- Responsible for ordering venue office supplies
- Negotiate prices for office supplies and maintain positive relationship with vendors
- Liaison with service maintenance companies for all office equipment
- Handle all mail service requests for UPS, Federal Express and US Postal Service
- May assist with other functions such as data entry and other clerical duties as requested
- Works on all donation requests for the venue
- Trains new Phone Ambassadors, assists in hiring process
- Fills in on main phone line when phone ambassadors go on break or are away from their desk
- Schedule/update LED marquee
- Update outlook shared calendar and weekly managers schedules
- Handles phones – password resets, name changes, changes to phone tree, dial by name directory etc.
- Coordinates all group ticket sales
- Update staffing document on common drive
- Coordinates and maintains all marketing material
- Issues and tracks employee access passes
- Send weekly OT report to managers
- Assist Other Employees as needed
- Maintain HOBE safety and sanitation standards
- Complete other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of Receptionist experience
- Proficiency with all Microsoft applications
- Ability to work under heavy volume to meet deadlines
- Professional demeanor and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in handling VIP guest relations, phone etiquette, communication skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize, organize, handle multiple tasks
- Ability to provide leadership, engage in positive interaction with staff and guests, prioritize, organize, motivate staff, problem solve, delegate, follow-up, communicate and diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact
- Ability to multi-task daily, be organized, detail oriented, self-driven, forecast issues and handle last minute projects to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient typing skills required (ability to type 30 wpm)
- High School diploma
- Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
- (State or County Licensee or Certification Requirement)/ Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
- College degree
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Work environment is fast-paced
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching
- Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
- Ability to wear an earpiece for radio communication
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.