Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant - Corporate Payroll
at Live Nation
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Payroll Assistant is responsible to ensure that client payrolls are processed timely and accurately in support of the Payroll Team.
- All tasks associated with the set-up, processing, and completion of time-sensitive payroll and main support for coordinators by checking audit reports for all clients.
- Enters all received payrolls into shared Google Docs calendar under its due date immediately upon receiving payroll.
- Manually calculating timecards according to union agreements/wage & hour law
- Excellent comprehension skills demonstrated by applying rules and protocols that are noted on a cover sheet to a particular payroll.
- Comprehends federal and state wage and hour law as well as any specific unions that may apply to their client's payrolls.
- Will be responsible to communicate any high-level payroll questions to the client assigned coordinator to ensure timely processing and reduction of errors.
- Will assist in answering questions presented by the payroll clerks that lie within the scope and knowledge of the position. Will also know when questions need to be escalated for the proper resolution.
- Packaging and distribution of checks, invoices, and reports as needed
- Shows reasonable judgment and determines when a client issue and/or request and/or question should be elevated to management.
- Coordinates with the accounting department to ensure funds received prior to releasing payroll
- May be assigned a small number of clients to learn how the full cycle of payroll works, while proving to be a key support for the department.
- Responsible for building strong client relationships that may foster more business and keep those current clients with the Company.
- May be required to create Casting Commission reports and AP preparation for background extras
- Responsible for protecting the business and our clients by keeping information confidential and secure.
- Will be able to successfully complete any responsibility of the Data Entry Clerk and the Payroll Clerk.
- Performing any additional tasks deemed necessary by supervisor
- At least 2 years of experience in payroll processing or payroll accounting preferably in the Entertainment Music industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective, clear communication skills
- Positive, nurturing attitude/disposition
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to meeting strict deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of PC systems not limited to Microsoft Office
- Quick learning ability and deep understanding of technical products/systems
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and ability to work with personnel from all levels of organization
- Self-motivated, critically-thinking, problem-solving
- Bachelor's degree or higher
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.