Linde Engineering North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Customer Support I
at Linde Engineering North America
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
The IT Customer Support I role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks throughout the Linde Engineering locations in North America. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate to maintain established support expectations.
The IT Customer Support I shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Troubleshoot basic computer issues (network, phone, hardware, software, & peripherals)
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform remote fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Ensure virus definitions, software updates and patches are up-to-date.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Participate in periodic after hours IT support, projects & systems maintenance.
- Learn and abide by the Linde Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct. Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and professionalism in all communications, actions and decisions
- Associates degree in IT related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one year experience working with computer technology in a business environment.
- Certifications in one of the following: HDI-CSR, CompTIA A+, Microsoft MCSA for Windows 7, preferred
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting computer hardware, software and peripherals issues within a business environment.
- Working knowledge of Windows diagnostic utilities.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Server 2003 and Server 2008.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment..