Linde Engineering North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Project Manager
at Linde Engineering North America
- # of Openings
Responsible for the Home Office management of one or more construction projects, in accordance with Company Policies and approved Work Instructions, or specific requirements of a construction site, as required by the contract between LPP and a client.
- Overall support, direction and management of the construction portion of a project, from proposal preparation to Mechanical Completion, as required to support the designated LPP Project Manager.
- Involvement in the estimating stage of a project to ensure that the required costs are covered. Prepare the Construction Estimate Checklist for use by the Proposal Team. Visit the construction site during the bid stage to determine constraints or special requirements.
- Review all proposal documents to determine special requirements, permits, licenses, etc. that are required for construction, and need to be included in the cost estimate.
- Define the Scope of Work for Construction, and determine all requirements to execute the Construction portion.
- Participate in the review of documents for constructability. Determine the amount of modularizing that will be cost effective. Maintain constructability reviews throughout the Basic and Detail Engineering Phases.
- Initiate and periodically update the Construction Execution Plan.
- Participate in the Kick-off meeting to review and agree on the respective Scope of Work, special requirements, schedule, and budget.
- Utilize Construction management methodologies, system and tools as defined by Company.
- Lead the Construction Project Team and facilitate the communication and interaction among the functional representatives, internal and external.
- Gather Project Specific Documents as required and develop a complete bid package for subcontractors.
- Develop the Scope of Services for a Construction bid package, based on available Engineering documents, material take-offs, etc.
- Work with the Estimator to develop a comparable estimate, based on the same documents in the bid package.
- Research availability and qualifications of subcontractors to be considered. Submit information to the Director of Construction, Project Manager, and Manager of Procurement for decision of subcontractors to be solicited for bids.
- In depth review of the bid documents to ensure that the selected bidders have full understanding of the Scope of Work.
- Work with the Estimator to establish complete bid tabulation with risk analysis, for the construction bids received.
- Review the bid tabulation with the Director of Construction, Project Manager, and Manager of Procurement.
- Attend client meetings as required.
- Participate in evaluation and negotiation of the bids received.
- Make recommendation for selection of a subcontractor.
- Forward all bid and subcontract documents to the Construction Site Manager for subcontract administration.
- Work with the Construction Site Manager to implement the construction management infrastructure as required for the construction project, in accordance with applicable Policies, and Work Instructions.
- Implement progress monitoring techniques for each subcontractor, in accordance with the applicable Policies and Work Instructions, or as may be required for a specific contract.
- Review and approval of Field Change Notices.
- Coordinate with LPP Home Office and Shop personnel to develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities.
- Prepare periodic management and or customer reports and presentations as may be required.
- Prepare and conduct Construction Management Team meetings as deemed necessary.
- Make periodic trips to a construction site to evaluate progress, status, and provide overall support of the Construction Management Team.
- Manage construction project budget and control expenses effectively.
- Prepare a monthly update with the Construction Site manager and Project Manager, of the Construction Cost Forecast portion of the Project Cost Report. This is to include, but not be limited to, estimate at completion, Risk Analysis, and the adequate contingency that should be recognized.
- Provide feedback regarding employee performance on a construction project team to the Director of Construction.
- Recommend new processes where needed to improve quality or on-time delivery.
- Participate in Project Meetings as required.
- Provide Construction Management Reports and Presentation as required by Policies and Work Instructions.
- BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 or more years experience managing $25 million or greater construction projects.
- Possess a broad understanding of each construction discipline.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software, Lotus Notes, and other Company and discipline specific software applications.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.