Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Assistant, CEO and Executive Suite
at Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, inc.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals is currently recruiting for an Executive Assistant to our CEO and the Executive Suite in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Executive Assistant will provide support to our CEO and key members of our Executive staff by providing administrative functions that require a thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures and the day to day operations of the Executive Suite. He/she provides support and maintains positive relations with members of the Board of Directors (BOD), business partners, and other special committees’ executives, public and private officials and the media. The Executive Assistant to the CEO exercises initiative and independent judgment in managing the CEO’s schedule and the office’s daily activities. The Executive Assistant to the CEO uses discretion in the dissemination of information to employees, business partners, Analysts and Investors, BOD members and the public. He/She also supports the CFO and Executive Vice President and as well as other higher level executives. The incumbent prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously with little or no supervision. The incumbent will be expected to be proactive, to demonstrate exemplary organization skills and to be an effective and clear communicator both in written and verbal communications and operate with a high level of professionalism and discretion. The selected individual will be expected to work occasional evening and weekend hours in the event that an executive needs travel or administrative support. Occasional overnight travel is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following activities:
- Maintaining the day to day administrative affairs for the CEO’s office and the executive suite. Providing the CEO with background information and/or supporting documents in preparation for scheduled appointments, meetings, speaking engagements, conferences, interviews, etc.
- Providing sophisticated calendar management and exercising initiative and judgment about changes to calendars.
- Safeguarding confidentiality by exercising discretion in communication of information to staff, BOD, business partners and in handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Facilitating the success of events hosted by the CEO’s office by scheduling events with the appropriate departments advising/contacting participants or invited guests, preparing agendas or programs, arranging for audiovisual or technical support using independent judgment.
- Coordinating the administrative strategy for the executive team and establishing work rules and standards for administrative staff in their work to support the Company’s Executives.
- Serving as mentor for junior administrative staff.
- Coordinating international and domestic travel arrangements and expense reconciliation.
- Facilitating the success of events hosted by the department by scheduling events with the appropriate parties, preparing agendas and arranging for technical support.
- Screening calls and correspondence for the Executive suite.
- Associates degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Minimum ten (10) years administrative experience with a minimum of five years of supporting Executive/”C” level personnel including experience supporting a President/CEO
- Ability to effectively manage sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Outstanding communication skills including persuasion and negotiation skills required in work with BOD, business partners, vendors and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effective and remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Sophisticated and engaging interpersonal skills including the ability to think and act strategically, provide sound judgment and demonstrate a positive and energetic demeanor
- Provides systematic and dependable follow up as well as a high level of organization and preparedness
- Maintains workflow under pressure in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail and has the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects with minimal supervision
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation and as a relationship builder
- Notary License
- Excellent working knowledge of basic computer skills, including, but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Exposure to/or experience with the pharmaceutical industry is a plus, but not required
To apply, please visit the careers section of our website: https://lexpharmacareers.silkroad.com/
For additional information about Lexicon and its programs, please visit www.lexpharma.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test, background check and verification of credentials before beginning employment.