Legacy Community Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Maintenance Technician will be performing general maintenance and repairs on building structures and building systems including: HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, lighting, door hardware and window systems, ceilings, flooring, painting, furniture and other equipment as deemed necessary to ensure a safe, secure, functional, and aesthetically pleasing environment. In addition to repairs, Maintenance Technicians will perform routine preventative maintenance on buildings, equipment and systems. Duties include maintaining an inventory of equipment and supplies and submitting maintenance records of items repaired or maintained. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Provide friendly and courteous facility service to all employees, providers, vendors, patients, and visitors.
- Maintain a professional appearance according to the dress guidelines of the clinic.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times and adhere to LCH and departmental policies and procedures in all actions.
- Maintain and repair assigned building systems, equipment, and components under the direction of the Facilities Manager and/or Facilities Director.
- Ensure that received and/or assigned work requests are addressed in a timely and professional manner, with attention to quality workmanship, and according to clinic guidelines.
- Able to be on-call on a rotational basis for afterhours emergencies and may be called upon to respond to afterhours emergencies.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have reliable personal transportation to complete job duties.
- Ability to drive moving vans and trucks.
• Certifications in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical or Building Trades preferred.
• Two years related experience
• Computer literacy
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English