Legacy Community Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Insurance Assistance Representative
at Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
Ensures Legacy clients and Pharmacy members have the appropriate “insurance” coverage to stay in care using a variety of techniques. This includes the need to stay abreast of the insurance needs and maintaining appropriate and timely contact with those people they are responsible for.
- Maintains a current and accurate list of people enrolled in the program
- Performs routine and regular communication with identified client list and maintains appropriate documentation in the EHR and Pharmacy System, if appropriate
- Monitors and maintains accurate records to ensure updated information is available
- Ensures timely request of and mailing for appropriate payments for enrolled clients
- Generates requests for payments associated with completed provider visits, labs and medication co-payment and deductibles, per procedures
- Completes month-end report reconciliation to ensure all Ryan White grant assistance encounters are reported accurately
- Performs routine and regular communication with clients’ service providers, i.e., Social Workers, Case Managers, Insurance Companies and Hospitals, as appropriate to ensure appropriate service provision (e.g. Saint Hope Foundation, Avenue 360, Harris Health) as evidenced by: These service providers complete the Legacy application via a remote eligibility process and we communicate with the case manager when our staff is having difficulty reaching the patient or when there is a problem with the service provision. This doesn’t really need to be in here, does it?
- Ensures knowledge of RW Grant service providers to ensure timely and appropriate referrals.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Program
- Special projects as needed.
Education & Training Requirements
- High school diploma required
- Some college preferred
Work Experience Requirements
- Insurance and/or COBRA knowledge a plus
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
- Knowledge of HIV treatment protocols and medication resources appropriate to the HIV community a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English