Legacy Community Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
Responsible for ensuring all patient medical charts are filed accordingly and efficiently and maintained in a necessary order.
Gather and sort paper documents and rejected documents from Superuser (such as lab reports, imaging results, consultation reports and prior records) to be scanned into the EHR System and imports the document(s) into the proper patient’s chart in a timely manner.
- Gathers and sort eFax and eDocuments (such as lab reports, imaging results, consultation reports and prior records) to be scanned into the EHR System and imports the document(s) into the proper patient’s chart in a timely manner.
- Answers telephone, takes messages, and gives routine information in accordance with established procedures.
- Follows the Legacy guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the LEGACY Mission.
- Maintains established Legacy policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the Legacy Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of Legacy’s cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to Legacy Service Guarantee.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to insure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a team to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attends all required meetings and safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, specific job–related hazards.
- Operates assigned equipment and performs all procedures in a safe manner as instructed.
- Maintains work area and equipment in condition required by LCHS standards.
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions.
- Reports safety concerns promptly to appropriate personnel.
- Follows Legacy's exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures and correct use of protective barrier equipment (Universal Precautions).
- Assures a safe environment by instituting appropriate control measures.
Education & Training Requirements
- High school graduation or GED.
- Typing ability of 45 wpm.
- Word processing and computer experience preferred.
Work Experience Requirements
- Previous experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English