League City Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Park Maintenance Supervisor
at League City Texas
- Job Description
Performs a variety of duties concerning the planning, oversight and maintenance of park & city facilities to include grounds, structures and equipment by utilizing multiple technical/trade related skills and internal departmental employees.
- Example of Duties
- Plans, performs and oversees all contracted maintenance & construction related projects, programs and service contracts related parks, buildings and equipment to include grounds up keep, landscaping, application of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers or specialty products and mechanical or trade/skilled related repairs. Operates a variety of equipment including trucks, bucket truck, tractors, mowers, agricultural implements and hand/power tools.
- · Assists in preparation, communication, administration and monitoring of the department budget, goals and objectives.
- · Coordinates and oversees all purchasing of and inventory for parts, supplies and materials required for maintenance of parks grounds, buildings, structures and equipment.
- · Inspects park grounds, facilities, buildings, structures, equipment and completed construction projects to ensure compliance, care standards and safety regulations.
- · Interview, Hire, Supervise, Mentor and Train all department employees in maintenance & safety practices, develops training steps, holds staff meetings, communicates care standards and departmental expectations, performs payroll approvals, creates and manipulates work schedules and work flow of staff based on needs, councils and communicates employee or departmental policies and performs employee evaluation or disciplinary actions.
- · Reviews facility usage schedules, rentals, permits and resolves problems arising through personnel, administration or public and acts upon requests for service or complaint resolution. Communicates park rules or ordinances.
- · Responsibility for on call and responsibility distibution for after hours service requests and or special events assignments
· Directly and Indirectly supervises employees
- Minimum Qualifications
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Minimum of 5 years of experience in park operations/maintenance or related field.
Valid Texas Driver's License.
Required Licenses or Certifications
Noncommercial Certified Applicator License with weed and lawn/ornamental pest categories
- Supplemental Information
· Knowledge of a variety of maintenance practices
· Knowledge of landscaping & turf
· Knowledge of safety practices
· Knowledge of product and services related costs
· Knowledge of and ability to apply purchasing policies
· Know what to look for and keep good records/documentation
· Understanding of building codes and construction practices
· Understanding of safety regulations and standards
· Understanding of personnel policies and procedures
· Good communication, people skills and patience
· Good time management skills
· Ability to operate a wide variety of equipment and tools
· Ability to make decisions, problem solve, supervise employees and apply good oral and written communication skills
· Ability to organize and set long term goals
· Ability to handle or cope with stress
· Ability to respond in a timely manner
· Ability to prioritize concerns and multi task
· Ability to organize, distribute and delegate tasks or responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is exposed to daily seasonal temperatures, occasionally respiratory and physical hazards and frequent noise. Also, will frequently be exposed to mechanical, chemical, electrical and fire hazards.