League City Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Heavy Equipment Operator Crewleader
at League City Texas
- Job Description
Operate a variety of heavy equipment, as well as developing the daily work plan for assigned task. This person is also responsible for the day to day operations of his assigned crew. Supervisor will assign this crew their task and this Crewleader will be responsible for completion of the work assigned. This position is required to complete assigned work tasks with minimal supervision.
- Example of Duties
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees in this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Work as Lead Heavy Equipment Operator on assigned jobs.
- Lead assigned crew in day to day maintenance work operations.
- Responsible for managing crew's schedules including overtime accruals and paid time off requests. Must minimize disruption of shift coverage to ensure timely completion of daily work assignments and projects
- Assist in training other employees.
- Develop work plans, prioritize work, complete service orders and maintain records.
- Operate heavy equipment, such as: Asphalt Paver, Bull Dozer, Maintainer, Mixer, Crane Truck, Motor Grader, Rubber Tire Backhoes, Gradalls, Front end loader, Laydown Machine, Linkbelt/Boom Mowers and Reclaimer machine.
- Perform field repairs and daily maintenance activities necessary to keep heavy equipment in good operating condition.
- Respond to police, citizen and city department emergency requests for debris removal, temporary road hazards/stop sign placement, etc.
- Ensure that assigned personnel perform duties and responsibilities in a safe and productive manner that does not subject them to on the job harm or risk.
- Routinely assist citizens with resolutions to problems/complaints.
- Assist supervisor in calculating inventory needed to complete job assignments.
- Use a variety of equipment and tools to level materials, dig roadside ditches and dig major outfall structures.
- Complete daily work reports.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must be able to provide services for the benefit of the general public during emergency situations that threaten the safety of League City's citizens, and that, City employees must be able to work immediately before, during, or immediately after an emergency.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 3 years of experience in maintenance and construction; including 3 years of experience operating heavy equipment.
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Must possess Texas "Class A" Commercial Driver's License
Any combination of education, training, and experience, which provide the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities needed for this position, may be substituted or evaluated at the discretion of the City.
- Supplemental Information
- Skilled in leading a crew and operating equipment
- Take direction, follow instructions and work in extreme/seasonal weather conditions