Lauren Engineers & Constructors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Process Engineer
at Lauren Engineers & Constructors
- 01-May-2019 to 17-Sep-2019 (CST)
- TX, USA
- Full Time
Purpose: Coordinate with a team of engineers, designers and project managers to successfully complete design of large industrial projects in the oil, gas, and/or chemical sectors.
• 5 to 10 years of experience in gas processing and oil refining including design and operations experiences.
• Must possess basic knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
• Aware of catalysts, reactions, pipe sizing, instrumentation and controls, able to read and interpret Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID), Instrument Loop Diagrams (ILD) and Logic Diagrams.
• Must have knowledge of process engineering practices and procedures, process economic principles, and process engineering simulations and calculation methods.
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills required. Must be capable of interacting with engineers, suppliers, and shop/construction personnel.
• Successful completion of the Fundamental Exam (FE) is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical/Process Engineering from an accredited engineering school
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Provide process engineering technical support for total project effort including facilities development, project schedule development; participation in planning and design; resolution of design conflicts; economic analysis, etc.
• Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications.
• Design of chemical/processing and associated plants and equipment.
• Work with Sr. Engineers to establish and conduct quality control programs, operating procedures and control strategies to ensure consistency and adherence to standards for raw materials, products and waste products or emissions
• Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, material requirement calculations, hydraulic calculations etc. to supervisor. Prepare equipment specifications to be sent out for vendor bids.
• Represent Company, project team and/or engineering department during bid process, project scope development, client meetings and project management meetings.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Employee Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed
• Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Climb stairs
• Sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
• Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects