Lauren Engineers & Constructors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Instrument & Controls Engineer
at Lauren Engineers & Constructors
- 29-Jul-2019 to 27-Oct-2019 (CST)
- TX, USA
- Full Time
Purpose: Provide instrumentation and controls engineering, specification preparation and resolution of engineering problems. Manage Electrical and Instrument project team, coordinate with a multi-discipline team of engineers and designers to successfully complete design and implementation of large industrial projects in Power, Refining, Petro-Chemical, and Manufacturing. Electrical Engineering knowledge a plus.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Design, size and specify (i.e. project specifications and datasheets) instruments and control equipment/systems to indicate, measure and control specific aspects of a production process and operating plant.
• Establish design criteria, prepare procurement specifications, evaluate bids, and manage contracts for instrument and control equipment.
• Prepare and manage engineering estimates and schedules.
• Conceptualize plans, details and sections to accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements.
• Check and back-check documents and drawings produced by other engineers and drafting personnel.
• Check vendor supplied drawings and/or information and coordinate transfer into project drawings.
• Checkout vendor provided equipment at vendor site and/or jobsite and field pre-commissioning and start-up support.
• Work within Company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Knowledge and Application of all instrumentation related standards, codes and regulations; working knowledge of DCS, PLC and SCADA/HMI control system software, hardware and architecture; working knowledge of databases; working knowledge of Instrument and Electrical software tools is desirable.
• Must possess superior engineering skills and be capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines.
• Specific experience with the application of instrumentation and control systems in the Chemical Process, Power, or Petrochemical industries.
• Experience with the management of a discipline design team.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with other engineering disciplines, construction project managers, vendors and clients.
• Must be able to travel for extended periods
• Ethical, dependable, results oriented, self-driven, hands-on.
• 10+ years of formal training and experience in heavy industrial I&C engineering design, checkout and commissioning.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Electrical, Instrumentation, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering college or university.
• Licensed as a professional engineer, by exam, in state of residence.
• Hands-on field experience with instruments and control systems.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Climb stairs
• Sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
• Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)