Lauren Engineers & Constructors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lauren Engineers & Constructors
- 28-Mar-2019 to 27-May-2019 (CST)
- TX, USA
- Full Time
Various locations in West Texas.
Purpose: Secure components together using electric welding. Create accurate welds that do not change the measurements of the component and will be able to withstand various types of steam, hot water, gases, lubrications, sprinkling, and industrial processing systems.
Work Schedule: Must have open availability any time any day of the week. Normal work period is Monday-Thursday dayshift while at Manufacturing Facility. Length of employment may be limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
Essential Skills (must posses the ability to)
May include but not limited to:
• Secure components together applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
• Select appropriate equipment and plan the layout and assembly of a welding process.
• Apply knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
• Bolt, clamp and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
• Prepare material for welding by cutting or grinding using pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder.
• Set material in stands, racks, hoists, etc. for welding.
• Set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment
• Repair products by dismantling, straightening and reshaping.
• Reassemble parts using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
• Reads and understands plans, isometrics, arrangement drawings, details, specifications, erection manuals, and/or blueprints and makes decisions based on measurable criteria.
• Visualizes objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
• Work within precise limits and ANSI and ASME standards of accuracy.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Five (5) years trade experience in trade preferred
• Ability to identify all techniques of welding (tig, mig, arc, etc.), and know all properties of various types of metal and how heat affects them.
• Ability to identify the requirements for various pipe welding tests and to produce X-ray quality welds that meet each requirement.
• Completion of welding certification administered by Lauren Engineers and Constructors for more than Single-Process.
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
• Stand or walk for long periods of time
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
• See well (naturally or with correction)
• Eye-hand coordination
• Good physical fitness
• Good sense of balance
• Work at heights
• 25' Tape Measure
• Welding hood with hard hat attachment
• Sleeves or appropriate clothing for stick welding
• Whip with stinger
• Lineman pliers
• Inspection mirror
• 12" Adjustable wrench
• Cold chisel
• Chipping hammer
• Center punch
• Tool Box with Lock
Environment: Manufacturing Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)