Lauren Engineers & Constructors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lauren Engineers & Constructors
- 15-Apr-2019 to 14-Jun-2019 (CST)
- TX, USA
- Full Time
Pay is $35/hr. Per diem will vary by location - either $600/wk or $750/wk Job sites are compressor stations in West Texas following a pipeline
Purpose: Oversees the construction scope and activities at the project site within their respective discipline, and ensures that work is done safely, on time, within budget and to the right quality standards. This includes planning of installation activities, staffing of crew needs to support schedule, development of construction installation schedule working with the site planning/scheduling department, managing safety for all employees within their discipline and daily coordination with the safety department to insure company safety requirements and culture are adhered to daily by all workers. Provides leadership with the highest of integrity that is aligned with the Company's core values, vision, and mission
Work Schedule: Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise construction activities of job foremen, craft employees, and field engineers on assigned project.
- Ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Interface with Site Manager and subcontractors to ensure all company, client, and project policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Interface with all project team members as required in the establishment of project schedules and resolving schedule problems.
- Ensure the allocation of construction work hours to relevant cost codes and prepare weekly construction progress reports to measure actual versus planned progress for all phases of the direct construction work
- Partners with the Safety group to ensure that the implementation/interpretation of safety programs are being executed in all activities at all levels. Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy
- Follow oral and written directions
- Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Administrative Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Site Manager.
- Seven (7) years of formal training and experience in heavy industrial projects such as refineries, petro-chemical complexes, power plants, etc.
- Familiar with construction methods, techniques, and labor requirements and how they apply to industrial construction projects.
- Ability to effectively interact with project team members, clients, subcontractors, and craft employees.
- Possess excellent leadership skills and have the ability to effectively manage craft employees, budgets, and construction schedules.
- Must be capable of obtaining applicable state construction licenses as required
- Hands-on job experience
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects while carrying tools and equipment
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- See well (naturally or with correction)
- Eye-hand coordination
- Good physical fitness
- Good sense of balance
- Work at great heights
Equal Opportunity Statement
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)