Lauren Engineers & Constructors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lauren Engineers & Constructors
- 03-Apr-2019 to 23-Jun-2019 (CST)
- TX, USA
- Full Time
JOB IS VARIOUS SITES IN WEST TEXAS. $32/HOUR - PER DIEM WILL VARY ACCORDING TO JOB SITE LOCATION
Purpose: Plans layout, installs and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment as well as directing and training electrician helpers to do the same.
Work Schedule: Must have open availability any time any day of the week. Normal work period is Monday-Thursday dayshift while at Manufacturing Facility. Length of employment may be limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
Essential Skills (must possess the ability to)
May include but not limited to:
• Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provides access for future maintenance, and avoids unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring.
• Interprets sketches showing location of wiring and equipment.
• Follows diagrams or blueprints to ensure that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
• Measure, cut and bend wire and conduit using ruler and hand and power tools.
• Assembles and installs electrical conduit. Connects wiring to fixtures and power equipment. Installs controls and distribution apparatus (i.e. switches, relays, circuit-breakers).
• Drill holes for wiring using power drill and pull or push wire through openings.
• Lifts, positions and fastens objects such as wiring, conduit and motors.
• Perform minor repairs such as replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs and switches using hand tools.
• Maintain tools and equipment and keep supplies and parts in order.
• Disassemble defective electrical equipment such as motors using hand tools.
• Work within precise limits and NEC standards of accuracy.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Five (5) years minimum experience in trade
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
• Current valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
• Stand or walk for long periods of time
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
• See well (naturally or with correction)
• Eye-hand coordination
• Good physical fitness
• Good sense of balance
• Work at heights
Required Tool Use
• 25' Tape Measure
• 18" Strap wrench
• Combination Wrenches (to 1")
• 12" Adjustable Wrench
• Allen wrenches (to 1/2")
• Crimping tool
• 600V Voltage tester
• Plum Bobs with 50' line
• Chalk line
• Ball peen hammer
• Wire stripper
• Center punch
• Multi-joint pliers
• Lineman pliers
• Lineman's side cutters
• Stakeon Crimpier pliers
• Diagonal cutter pliers
• Needle nose pliers
• Screwdriver (1/m-flat head, 1/m Phillips head)
• Termination screwdriver
• Torpedo Level (pocket)
• Tool punch and belt
• Tool Box with Lock
Environment: Manufacturing Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)