Latham & Watkins LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Attorney Support Assistant
at Latham & Watkins LLP
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking an Attorney Support Assistant to join our winning team, located in Houston, TX. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Attorney Support Assistant will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As an Attorney Support Assistant at Latham, you will contribute your expertise to duties of a confidential nature for a designated group of attorneys, paralegals, counsel, and partners. The Attorney Support Assistant maintains positive contact with both attorneys and external clients as well as other personnel at all times. Your responsibilities as an Attorney Support Assistant will include these and other critical functions:
- Providing comprehensive support functions for attorneys and clients including, but not limited to, calendar management, personal work, document generation and review
- Coordinating travel and providing updates concerning mail and phone messages
- Coordinating and arranging meetings and conference calls; may order meals, refreshments, and equipment as requested
- Reviewing, processing, and auditing expense reports, vendor bills, and check requests
- Proofreading and making revisions to legal documents as directed
- Managing attorney communications as requested. Understanding attorney preferences with regards to answering the phone/taking messages/using voice mail, instant messenger, responding to e-mail, processing postal mail, setting up video conferences, and more.
- Utilizing programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to create materials as requested
- Printing, scanning, organizing, transcribing, and distributing documents, and/or coordinating with print services to arrange for copying, custom reprographics/binding, and messenger service
- Creating, maintaining, and distributing meeting materials for client matters
- Maintaining contacts and working group lists
- Working with attorney to bill external clients and contact external clients or internal clients as appropriate
- Assisting with special projects when necessary
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers
As an Attorney Support Assistant, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Attorney Support Assistant candidate must have the ability to interact and communicate effectively with attorneys, clients and staff at all organizational levels of the firm, as well as the ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment with a customer-service focus. The ideal candidate will possess the organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines, as well as the ability to work with staff and manage associate expectations. Knowledge and understanding of typical work processes performed daily in an office environment is desired, along with advanced attention to detail and ability to create accurate work product.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; relevant administrative experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the “Apply Now” link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.