Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Engineering Intern, Summer 2020
- 31-Jan-2020 to 02-Mar-2020 (CST)
- La Porte, TX, USA
Title: Mechanical Engineering Intern, Summer 2020
Location: La Porte, Texas
Who we are:
Kuraray America, Inc. (KAI) is a global leader in specialty chemical, fiber and resin production. With top-of-the-line research and production facilities located in Houston, Texas, and a vast network of supply from around the world, Kuraray leads the industry in specialty dental, fiber, resin, and elastomer products. Kuraray America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kuraray Company, Ltd. Based in Tokyo, Japan. Kuraray has operations in 28 countries and employees more than 10,000 employees, including over 750 in the United States.
Kuraray is building a better tomorrow, today. Our team members are dedicated to expanding our business with committed professionals who share essential values such as integrity, excellence, teamwork and accountability.
Kuraray's paid internship program allows students the opportunity to obtain valuable, applicable work experience in a fast-paced, and challenging environment. The program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the chemical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The internship will be three to four months in duration for the summer of 2020 with flexible start dates. Student interns must be able to work full time.
The internship will be split between a major project and daily tasks.
No Housing will be provided as part of the internship.
- Develop a familiarity with chemical plant Process Safety Management (PSM) and Management of Change (MOC) through participation in a cyclical or project Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and the development of MOC packages.
- Join the site Mechanical Reliability and Integrity team to help analyze process and SAP data; develop charters for potential reliability, efficiency, and cost reduction projects; and assist with the active team projects.
- Assist the plant Mechanical Engineers with process equipment troubleshooting in the vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) and polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH) units.
- Participate in the development of work scopes for both running maintenance and the maintenance activities that will be performed during the Spring 2021 turnaround.
- Apply these skills to an internship project with an exit presentation to plant management.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Pursuing a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Completed at least two years of college education before beginning internship.
- Strong academic performance minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA and extracurricular achievement.
- Demonstrated communication and leadership skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven track record of adaptability, innovation, initiative and integrity.
- Must have legal U.S. working authorization to participate in the program.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment screening process.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Please apply online at: http://www.kuraray.us.com/careers/
Kuraray America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/disability/protected veteran status
No third party candidates accepted.