Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kinder Morgan.
Position Description:Project Manager will provide engineering support and construction leadership to assigned tank projects requiring maintenance in accordance to API 653 and API 650 standards.Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage tank projects requiring maintenance per API 653
- Provide support to larger capital projects for new tank construction per API 650
- Prepare project scope of work, estimates, schedules, and execution plans for tank projects
- Work closely with procurement to prepare and acquire bids per KM standards
- Review financial commitments to expenditures to ensure accurate spending forecasts
- Report project performance on weekly and monthly basis
- Execute tank repair projects to meet KM standards and other industry standards.
- Ensure that all work performed is in compliance with regulatory requirements and other industry policies
- Assist in the preparation of annual sustaining capital budget for tank maintenance projects
- Ensure tank inspections and repairs are well documented per regulatory requirements and KM standards
- Provide technical support during the review of tank inspections to maintain a consistent assessment and repair practices.
- Work with Operations, EHS, and Commercial to successfully complete and plan tank projects and schedules.
- Understand and review tank level alarms per API 2350 and KM standards.
- Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for safety; Personal safety, the safety of employees, the general public, and company assets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or 5 yrs experience in construction management and aboveground storage tanks.
- API 653 certification a plus, but not required
- Working experience in the maintenance and repair of aboveground storage tanks.
- Project management skills including project scope, estimating, cost and schedule control.
- Knowledge of API standards, particularly API 653 and 650
- Knowledge of DOT part 195 related to operating above-ground storage tanks.
- Ability to make and meet project commitments
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate project status to different levels of the organization.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tank projects.
- Able to work effectively in team environment and maintain a professional with co-workers, vendors and contractors
- Must be proficient with computer applications; including but not limited to Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the largest energy infrastructure company in North America, Kinder Morgan owns an interest in or operates approximately 80,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our assets are core to North American energy infrastructure and help deliver needed energy products to high-demand markets.
The Kinder Morgan businesses are as follows:
Natural Gas Pipelines
With approximately 70,000 miles of pipelines, we are the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator in the United States. Our pipelines are connected to every important natural gas resource play, including the Eagle Ford, Marcellus, Utica, Uinta, Haynesville, Fayetteville, Barnett, Mississippi Lime and Woodford, that will play a significant role in meeting the nation’s long term natural gas supply. We serve the major consuming markets of the entire United States. Key assets include premier interstate pipelines that stretch from coast to coast and a huge intrastate pipeline system in Texas, the state which is the largest producer and consumer of natural gas in the United States.
We are the leading transporter and marketer of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the United States. We deliver approximately 1.3 billion cubic feet per day of CO2 through about 1,300 miles of pipelines. We also produce more than 50,000 barrels of oil per day. Key assets include CO2 source fields in southwestern Colorado, pipelines that transport CO2 from Colorado to New Mexico and Texas, and oil production fields in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
We transport about more than 2 Million barrels daily of gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, natural gas liquids and biofuels through more than 8,000 miles of pipelines. Key assets include refined petroleum pipelines and terminal storage and blending systems that serve California, Florida and other states in the western and southeastern United States. We also transport crude and condensate from the Eagle Ford shale to the Houston Ship Channel. Specific to renewable fuels, our Products and Terminals business segments combined handle about 30 percent of all of the ethanol used in the United States.
We operate approximately 180 terminals that have a combined liquids storage capacity of more than 110 million barrels for refined petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals and biofuels. We also handle over 105 million tons per year of dry bulk materials such as coal, petroleum coke and steel. Key assets include large liquids terminals on the Houston Ship Channel and in New York Harbor, Los Angeles Harbor and Edmonton, Alberta, as well as strategically located coal terminals in the Southeast and along the Gulf Coast.
Kinder Morgan Canada
Our Trans Mountain pipeline system originates in Edmonton, Alberta, and is the only oil sands pipeline that transports crude oil and refined petroleum to Vancouver, British Columbia, and Washington State. We have proposed and are pursuing a major expansion of Trans Mountain.
As a market leader in each of our businesses, we are always looking for skilled professionals to join our team. When you join Kinder Morgan, you join a different kind of Energy Company. We tie financial incentives for our employees directly to the performance of the company and their own personal performances. At Kinder Morgan, you will find a dynamic and safe work environment that promotes career growth and recognizes achievements.
Join the Kinder Morgan Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.