Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager / Sr. Pipeline Engineer
at Kinder Morgan.
Primary Purpose: Provides engineering support to operations and maintenance personnel and manages small capital and major maintenance projects or portions of larger new capital or major maintenance projectsEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages small or portions of large capital and major maintenance projects
- Prepares estimates, budgets, schedules, materials and contract specifications for projects
- Coordinates design and construction activities with operations, field personnel, procurement, engineering, and construction contractors and manages projects to ensure on budget and on schedule completion
- Reviews and coordinates operational & maintenance plans for new facilities and equipment and implements with field personnel
- Evaluates and recommends new technologies for potential application
- Provides support to field maintenance technicians and operations staff
- Maintains Company technical standards, handbooks, and design criteria
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards for new construction and maintenance activities
- Manages multiple projects concurrently
- Appropriately communicates with his/her manager on status and developments of projects assigned and /or in progress*Position may be filled at various levels depending on experience and job skills of successful candidate.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering or other engineering degree with work experience equivalent to ME, EE, or Civil or Chemical engineering degree
Experience / specific knowledge:
- 5 - 8 years practical engineering experience in refining/pipeline / petroleum terminals / utility field(s)
- Understanding of and ability to apply basic engineering principles
Certifications, licenses and registrations:
- Possess and maintain valid driver's license and be insurable by company's insurance carrier
Competencies, skills and abilities:
- Ability to apply engineering principles
- Analytical problem solver
- Ability to conduct feasibility studies, determine manpower, cost estimates, and develop engineering criteria
- Ability to coordinate and manage small projects or portions of larger projects under the guidance of or review by a more experienced engineer
- Ability to use Microsoft Office System (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must be able to setup and manipulate complex Excel spread sheets
- Ability to read and effectively communicate orally and in writing in English with co-workers, vendors, customers, contractors, and regulatory officials
- Ability to cooperatively work with people and accept supervision and direction
- Ability to handle stress of meeting deadlines
- Ability to climb tank stairs and walk over uneven surfaces on the pipeline right of way or at field facilities
- Essentially indoors, but must be able to work outdoors in project & maintenance activities
- Travel 30% - 50% with overnight stays
- Must be able to manage projects through contractors and others without direct supervisory authority
- Professional Engineering license
- Electrical OR Hydraulic expertise
- Experience in design and operation of industrial power systems including 4160/480V distribution systems, motor controls, VFDs, PLC schematics, and pressure/flow/level/temperature/vibration measurement instrumentation
- Proficiency in electrical system studies using analysis tools such as ETAP and SKM
- Experience evaluating in-service liquid pipeline hydraulics
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpreting and applying engineering principles, theories and concepts related to hydraulic flow and energy efficiency.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the largest energy infrastructure company in North America, Kinder Morgan owns an interest in or operates approximately 80,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our assets are core to North American energy infrastructure and help deliver needed energy products to high-demand markets.
The Kinder Morgan businesses are as follows:
Natural Gas Pipelines
With approximately 70,000 miles of pipelines, we are the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator in the United States. Our pipelines are connected to every important natural gas resource play, including the Eagle Ford, Marcellus, Utica, Uinta, Haynesville, Fayetteville, Barnett, Mississippi Lime and Woodford, that will play a significant role in meeting the nation’s long term natural gas supply. We serve the major consuming markets of the entire United States. Key assets include premier interstate pipelines that stretch from coast to coast and a huge intrastate pipeline system in Texas, the state which is the largest producer and consumer of natural gas in the United States.
We are the leading transporter and marketer of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the United States. We deliver approximately 1.3 billion cubic feet per day of CO2 through about 1,300 miles of pipelines. We also produce more than 50,000 barrels of oil per day. Key assets include CO2 source fields in southwestern Colorado, pipelines that transport CO2 from Colorado to New Mexico and Texas, and oil production fields in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
We transport about more than 2 Million barrels daily of gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, natural gas liquids and biofuels through more than 8,000 miles of pipelines. Key assets include refined petroleum pipelines and terminal storage and blending systems that serve California, Florida and other states in the western and southeastern United States. We also transport crude and condensate from the Eagle Ford shale to the Houston Ship Channel. Specific to renewable fuels, our Products and Terminals business segments combined handle about 30 percent of all of the ethanol used in the United States.
We operate approximately 180 terminals that have a combined liquids storage capacity of more than 110 million barrels for refined petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals and biofuels. We also handle over 105 million tons per year of dry bulk materials such as coal, petroleum coke and steel. Key assets include large liquids terminals on the Houston Ship Channel and in New York Harbor, Los Angeles Harbor and Edmonton, Alberta, as well as strategically located coal terminals in the Southeast and along the Gulf Coast.
Kinder Morgan Canada
Our Trans Mountain pipeline system originates in Edmonton, Alberta, and is the only oil sands pipeline that transports crude oil and refined petroleum to Vancouver, British Columbia, and Washington State. We have proposed and are pursuing a major expansion of Trans Mountain.
As a market leader in each of our businesses, we are always looking for skilled professionals to join our team. When you join Kinder Morgan, you join a different kind of Energy Company. We tie financial incentives for our employees directly to the performance of the company and their own personal performances. At Kinder Morgan, you will find a dynamic and safe work environment that promotes career growth and recognizes achievements.
Join the Kinder Morgan Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.