Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operator (Heavy Equipment and Driller)
at Kinder Morgan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
- Operate, monitor and maintain coke cutting equipment within the coke petroleum coke handling facility
- Follow proper safety rules and operating procedures to support zero tolerance safety objectives
- Perform proper decoking techniques by following all associated procedures while paying close attention to hot spots and allowing for extra quenching where needed
- Working with the Operator to un-head and re-head the coke drums, as well as performing the final sweep of the coke drum
- Properly inspect equipment prior to and post operating and report any additional maintenance needs and conduct frequent audits on the associated drum cutting equipment
- Performs basic trouble shooting of petroleum coke cutting equipment
- As required, assist other petroleum coke cutting personnel with cleaning operations
- Performs housekeeping duties of petroleum coke cutting area
- Maintains and lubricates “cutting deck” petroleum coke cutting equipment
- Assures that work performed is done properly and safely
- Operators will train and operate all of the terminals equipment and perform the duties and responsibilities of the terminal’s Equipment Operator/Maintenance positions such as Dozer, Driller and cutting, Overhead Crane, skid steers, Excavator, Telehandler, Man Lift, Front End Loader and Ship Loading Operations for progression.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Utilize proper Personal Protective Equipment for the assigned tasks and report damaged protective equipment and unsafe conditions to Terminal Supervisor
- Regular work attendance is required
- Able to work at different work locations when needed
- Must be willing to work shift and/or overtime hours during the week and/or weekends as dictated by operations
- You will be subject to the on-call schedule and must respond to emergency call outs as scheduled
- Perform housekeeping and general maintenance as required
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s driver license and have the willingness to use personal and/or company vehicle in the course of employment
- Must be able to work outside in varying weather conditions
- Must be able to work in dusty environment
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds
- Physically able to handle large tools, climb on and off the equipment, ascend and descend ladders, and should not have a fear of heights
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Must be a self-starter
- Must possess Safety training/certification as required by customers to work in their facilities and as required by Kinder Morgan at all locations
- 2-5 years’ experience with conveying, material handling systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the largest energy infrastructure company in North America, Kinder Morgan owns an interest in or operates approximately 80,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our assets are core to North American energy infrastructure and help deliver needed energy products to high-demand markets.
The Kinder Morgan businesses are as follows:
Natural Gas Pipelines
With approximately 70,000 miles of pipelines, we are the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator in the United States. Our pipelines are connected to every important natural gas resource play, including the Eagle Ford, Marcellus, Utica, Uinta, Haynesville, Fayetteville, Barnett, Mississippi Lime and Woodford, that will play a significant role in meeting the nation’s long term natural gas supply. We serve the major consuming markets of the entire United States. Key assets include premier interstate pipelines that stretch from coast to coast and a huge intrastate pipeline system in Texas, the state which is the largest producer and consumer of natural gas in the United States.
We are the leading transporter and marketer of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the United States. We deliver approximately 1.3 billion cubic feet per day of CO2 through about 1,300 miles of pipelines. We also produce more than 50,000 barrels of oil per day. Key assets include CO2 source fields in southwestern Colorado, pipelines that transport CO2 from Colorado to New Mexico and Texas, and oil production fields in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
We transport about more than 2 Million barrels daily of gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, natural gas liquids and biofuels through more than 8,000 miles of pipelines. Key assets include refined petroleum pipelines and terminal storage and blending systems that serve California, Florida and other states in the western and southeastern United States. We also transport crude and condensate from the Eagle Ford shale to the Houston Ship Channel. Specific to renewable fuels, our Products and Terminals business segments combined handle about 30 percent of all of the ethanol used in the United States.
We operate approximately 180 terminals that have a combined liquids storage capacity of more than 110 million barrels for refined petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals and biofuels. We also handle over 105 million tons per year of dry bulk materials such as coal, petroleum coke and steel. Key assets include large liquids terminals on the Houston Ship Channel and in New York Harbor, Los Angeles Harbor and Edmonton, Alberta, as well as strategically located coal terminals in the Southeast and along the Gulf Coast.
Kinder Morgan Canada
Our Trans Mountain pipeline system originates in Edmonton, Alberta, and is the only oil sands pipeline that transports crude oil and refined petroleum to Vancouver, British Columbia, and Washington State. We have proposed and are pursuing a major expansion of Trans Mountain.
As a market leader in each of our businesses, we are always looking for skilled professionals to join our team. When you join Kinder Morgan, you join a different kind of Energy Company. We tie financial incentives for our employees directly to the performance of the company and their own personal performances. At Kinder Morgan, you will find a dynamic and safe work environment that promotes career growth and recognizes achievements.
Join the Kinder Morgan Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.