Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kinder Morgan.
PRIMARY PURPOSE:Provide supervision and leadership to the bulk handling operations. Oversee the planning and direction of the operational activities and personnel within the area including and annual operation and maintenance budget. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of bulk facilities to ensure their safe, reliable, efficient operation, and environmental compliance including the management of multiple supervisors in multiple locations.
- Ensures the implementation and enforcement of all company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding changes to such guidelines, policies, and procedures, as necessary to achieve target goals.
- Initiates and supports improvement plans for employees to succeed in their efforts to achieve the goals of the department.
- Reviews progress, directs changes in priorities and schedules as needed to assure work is completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Participates in the selection/promotion of staff, salary change considerations, disciplinary matters, and conducts performance evaluations.
- Develops short and long-term plans, goals, and objectives for the bulk handling operations.
- Creates weekly accounting report to management.
- Establish and maintain necessary crew/work schedules to meet the customer needs while maintaining control of the established budget.
- Stays abreast of changes in working conditions or new technology that could increase the safety and efficiency of the operations employees.
- Oversee and guide workers in dismantling, assembling, and installing of bulk material handling equipment/machinery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma
- Degree (preferred but not required)
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in management
- Financial Reporting
- Scheduling experience of operations
- Knowledge of environmental impact of petroleum coke handling operations
- Knowledge with USCG regulatory rules for dock/Petcoke operations
- Understanding of bulk handling operations and equipment
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and meet company insurability requirements and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers
- Willingness to use personal and/or company vehicle in the course of employment
- Must pass and complete and required Kinder Morgan specific safety training as may be required by Customer(s) and as required at all Kinder Morgan work locations
- Must obtain and/or meet all requirements to enter foreign trade zones; such as background checks by both the U.S. Coast Guard and the Department of Homeland Security, i.e. obtain and maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed
- Solid leadership, communication, motivation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage project(s) that will include working with individuals with varying disciplines, backgrounds and experience levels
- Proven leadership skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Strong people management skills
- Intermediate computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Plans and organizes workloads and staff assignments, reviews progress, directs changes in priorities and schedules as needed to assure work is competed in an efficient and timely manner
- Must respond to, and address, call-outs and emergencies after regular business hours including after dark hours, which may require carrying a communication device
- Must be accountable and take direction from Managers, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Regularly exposed to outside in adverse weather conditions and also but not limited to: heights in excess of 5 feet, moving mechanical parts, moving on track rail equipment, fumes, airborne particles, vibration, uneven terrain, and high noise level in the work environment
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, etc. for extended periods of time
- Regularly lift and/or move a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Depending upon the location and workload, travel will be required and is anticipated.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the largest energy infrastructure company in North America, Kinder Morgan owns an interest in or operates approximately 80,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our assets are core to North American energy infrastructure and help deliver needed energy products to high-demand markets.
The Kinder Morgan businesses are as follows:
Natural Gas Pipelines
With approximately 70,000 miles of pipelines, we are the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator in the United States. Our pipelines are connected to every important natural gas resource play, including the Eagle Ford, Marcellus, Utica, Uinta, Haynesville, Fayetteville, Barnett, Mississippi Lime and Woodford, that will play a significant role in meeting the nation’s long term natural gas supply. We serve the major consuming markets of the entire United States. Key assets include premier interstate pipelines that stretch from coast to coast and a huge intrastate pipeline system in Texas, the state which is the largest producer and consumer of natural gas in the United States.
We are the leading transporter and marketer of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the United States. We deliver approximately 1.3 billion cubic feet per day of CO2 through about 1,300 miles of pipelines. We also produce more than 50,000 barrels of oil per day. Key assets include CO2 source fields in southwestern Colorado, pipelines that transport CO2 from Colorado to New Mexico and Texas, and oil production fields in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
We transport about more than 2 Million barrels daily of gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, natural gas liquids and biofuels through more than 8,000 miles of pipelines. Key assets include refined petroleum pipelines and terminal storage and blending systems that serve California, Florida and other states in the western and southeastern United States. We also transport crude and condensate from the Eagle Ford shale to the Houston Ship Channel. Specific to renewable fuels, our Products and Terminals business segments combined handle about 30 percent of all of the ethanol used in the United States.
We operate approximately 180 terminals that have a combined liquids storage capacity of more than 110 million barrels for refined petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals and biofuels. We also handle over 105 million tons per year of dry bulk materials such as coal, petroleum coke and steel. Key assets include large liquids terminals on the Houston Ship Channel and in New York Harbor, Los Angeles Harbor and Edmonton, Alberta, as well as strategically located coal terminals in the Southeast and along the Gulf Coast.
Kinder Morgan Canada
Our Trans Mountain pipeline system originates in Edmonton, Alberta, and is the only oil sands pipeline that transports crude oil and refined petroleum to Vancouver, British Columbia, and Washington State. We have proposed and are pursuing a major expansion of Trans Mountain.
As a market leader in each of our businesses, we are always looking for skilled professionals to join our team. When you join Kinder Morgan, you join a different kind of Energy Company. We tie financial incentives for our employees directly to the performance of the company and their own personal performances. At Kinder Morgan, you will find a dynamic and safe work environment that promotes career growth and recognizes achievements.
Join the Kinder Morgan Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.