Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety Engineering Program Manager
at Ke`aki Technologies
Kāpili Services is looking for a qualified Program Manager to oversee safety and fire protection personnel and services for a flight program. Major areas of the program include: Safety ; Fire protection ; Safety training ; Maintenance of fire protection systems ; Test safety ; Safety information systems ; and Special projects. Primary work will be carried out in Houston, TX with i ntermittent support potentially at other sites such as El Paso, Texas; and Las Cruces, New Mexico.
- Program Management Support:
- Manages all functions (and personnel supporting these functions) such as: Contract Management; Engineering Analysis and Support; Institutional Safety; Fire Protection Services (Systems and Maintenance); Emergency Action Services; Test Safety Operations; Safety Information Management; Agency Safety Training; and Special Projects.
- Provide first line supervision for subcontracts if applicable
- Responsible for setting goals and objectives, monitoring production, continuous process improvement, ensuring safety requirements are met, maintenance of training and certifications and compliance with Manufacturing Processes, DPIs, SOPs, and PRCs.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing a large workforce of technicians and engineers of multiple skills sets and trades
- In terfaces with six plus (6+) outside organizations and representatives
- Actively participates in facility safety inspections to meet or exceed NASA, OSHA, NFPA, and NEC safety requirements
- Subject Matter Expertise/Leadership Support:
- Provide subject matter expertise in occupational safety, hazardous testing and fire protects
- Provide leadership to identify and manage the risks in a creative, proactive and cost effective manner by:
- Establishing relationships to encourage a safe work environment with personnel at the Center
- Perform data analysis that quickly recognizes trends in safety performance
- Recommend better performance indicators of changes in risk at the Center
- Understand the latest tools and techniques available to improve safe work conditions and behaviors
- Support the customer in i mproving safety behavior through increased awareness of safety requirements and improved accountability measures
- Support the customer in prioritizing resources in a manner most effective at reducing the Center’s mishap risks
- Support Program Goals:
- Improve the timeliness and quality of mishap investigations
- Integrate risk-based analysis into facility management decision-making to optimize risk trades based on available funding
- Providing a safe work environment in the face of challenges such as:
- A multifaceted work environment, involving diverse hazards from the office, to industrial work areas, to the most advanced laboratories and test systems
- New and emerging technology ·
- An aging infrastructure
- An uncertain Agency budget
- 10 years’ experience managing safety-related work.
- Relevant past performance supporting similar contracts/programs (prefer 3 examples) which include the following elements:
- Managing diverse safety efforts with changing priorities
- Test Safety, especially in human testing
- Fire Protection System Maintenance
- Emergency Action Services
- Ability to influence perceptions and build strong relationships with various divisions
- Master’s in Environmental Science, Systems Engineering or other related fields
- NASA experience preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) for commercial flight
- Directly relevant experience program/project managing a multi skilled manufacturing and Flight Hardware Assembly contract
- Familiar with American Petroleum Institute (API) Specs 6A and 17A thru N
- Familiar with the Minimum Equipment List, Fault Isolation Manual, Maintenance Manual, Illustrated Parts Catalogue for the B727, B757 and L-101
- Bachelor’s degree. An associate degree in safety or fire protection plus 10 additional years of safety engineering related experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a US Citizen and able to pass a drug and background investigation
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms who are designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-Owned and fall into the respective categories of standard Small Business, 8(a) certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), and HUBZone. The FOCs includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, Kāpili Services, and Po`okela Solutions. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information on Kāpili Services, LLC, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.