Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at KBR, inc
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
- Act as the Purchasing Lead and supervise the complete range of purchasing activities on a project, Service Site or in an Operating Center.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, management and monitoring of annual business plans and productivity improvements.
- Be accountable for ensuring compliance with the purchasing requirements of the Prime Contract and the Project Procurement and Materials Plan.
- Implement and execute the purchasing strategy in support of the scope of work performed and the specific business needs and goals of the project.
- Be accountable for the success of the Purchasing activities and deliverables in accordance with agreed schedules, milestones and cost, focused at aiding business goals and profitability.
- Ensure effective deployment and use of the approved suite of systems and tools, ensuring successful implementation to aid efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that their teams are focused on cost, schedule, risk, innovation, and being commercially astute and performance driven in support of the business goal.
Effectively supervise purchasing supply chain activities to ensure cost-effective delivery of services in accordance with the agreed scope, specifications and price.
- Verify the accuracy of bid tabulations, purchase orders, change orders, agreements and release orders prior to submitting for approvals, release to suppliers, and/or distribution.
- Select and utilize Purchasing personnel, with the appropriate competencies to undertake the project activities and to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Communicate regularly with Purchasing personnel.
- Network and build relationships with supplier's management for goods and services and leverages these relationships to aid performance.
- Promote networking; networks and collaboration within and across the procurement and other disciplines at all levels to achieve synergy, promote sharing of knowledge, best practices and lessons learned.
- Perform audits of the discipline to ensure compliance with policy, process, tools and systems.
- Provide information on the performance of purchasing activities; spend, supplier performance and other appropriate information to Procurement and Materials Management and others as required and use this data to aid business performance.
- Assist in the development and deployment of purchasing best practices within the discipline regarding improvement of purchasing processes, practices, tools and systems. To aid efficiency and effectiveness.
Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 7 years of relevant experience. Required to have requisite software skills related to the role.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.