Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at KBR, inc
Job Reference #: 1075954
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Estimating functionally and support the Government Services product line.
Utilizing both educational (preferably BS/MS in a technical/Engineering field) and professional estimating experience, this position will be responsible for applying advanced Estimating techniques as well as the management and oversight of a team of Estimators (in a specific discipline or the coordination of all Estimating disciplines) for the development of project proposals of all sizes.
Accountable for the development of complete estimates for large and/or complex projects. Manages the delivery of functional/discipline objectives by providing leadership and direction to professional team members assigned. Calculates estimates by using processes, labor availability and productivity, material prices, based on historical data. Tabulates cost studies, cash flows, and prospect analysis. Perform discrete cost estimates in support of new pursuit/cost proposal requests as required in accordance with KBRwyle Government & Infrastructure Estimating Manual as well as Government Compliance principles associated with cost estimating for government contracting. Participates in the development of estimating and project risk control strategy and be responsible for processes and procedures to ensure compliance.
This position will provide advanced estimating services for government based services/O&M/BOSS projects as follows:
• Ability to manage a team of Estimator to ensure all deliverables are submitted in a timely manner with the highest level of accuracy.
• Directs resources, prioritizes tasks and provides guidance to team members and perform supervisory activities including but not limited to annual performance assessments, coaching, counseling, etc
• Ability to brief Senior Leadership Operations reviews.
• Ability to develop hard bid estimates start to finish, for large Federal contractor; call and lead meetings as needed to meet goals and dates, follow-up and through to deliver competitive estimates minimizing scope gaps and misses.
• Work with other Estimators and project team members, encourage ethics in estimating; be aggressive yet sound in bid fees, buy downs and margins.
• Prepares quantity take-offs to support cost estimates for all disciplines.
• Obtains vendor quotes, and supports the development of detailed cost estimates.
• Prepares material take-offs and reviews take-offs of others from planning documents or work load data.
• Prepare detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems.
• Accumulates, evaluates and documents historical cost data for the development of future estimates.
• Prepares and reviews final estimate.
• Reviews contract documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and equitable cost allowance for scope changes.
• 10 years' experience in Federal BOSS industry. 5 years of Federal competitive bid experience as a key or Lead Estimator, specific experience with the national market and some international experience preferred.
• Highly skilled in Excel (mastery of Microsoft Office) and similar estimating tools typical to the industry is a plus. In addition, ability to perform Risk Assessment utilizing Crystal Ball simulation.
• Accurate and detailed oriented with strong leadership skills, good and fair with people, a solid working knowledge of field operations and project management is required.
• Must be able to relate these skills direct to estimates, constructability and field efficiencies to result in low and competitive bids.
• Must have a minimum of four (4) years university level education (preferably BS/MS in a technical/Engineering field) with relevant BOSS projects field experience.
• Experience with/knowledge of the Federal Acquisition regulation (FAR) is preferred.
• Must be capable of developing labor personnel by job classification, material and equipment quantities based on RFP/SOW and workload data in collaboration with respective Subject Matter Experts (SME's).
• Experience in commercial estimating practices and bid day activities are required. A list of past project estimated and won should be submitted as part of the professional resume to include details of bidding self-performed work.
• Must possess strong organizational, negotiation, interpersonal, and leadership skills, have the ability to work hands-on and independently, as well as part of the team.
• Ability to clearly articulate in writing complex Basis of Estimate (BOE) calculations/information.
• Ability to develop/update procedures and tools to ensure continuous process improvements and efficiencies
• Possess excellent analytical and technical capabilities, both orally and in writing.
• Skillful in problem recognition and solution selection/recommendation.
• Candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and construction estimating software.
• Must be capable of working independently under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Must be very efficient; detailed-oriented with excellent work ethics.
• Familiar with often changing deadlines, inquiries and related pressures and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Interacts well with any level of Project Management and can interface with other employees/departments.
• Must be able to provide a strong level of customer service.
• Possess a high level of professionalism
• Occasional travel required (up to 10%).